Baked Vegetable Sticks
By Nmami Agarwal
Speaking of a balanced diet, there are many ingredients that are nutritionally superior to other. This is why we suggest you to make necessary healthy swaps while preparing your favourite delicacy. One such healthy swap is by replacing your deep fried market made chips with yummilicious homemade baked vegetable sticks that will give you the crisp and crunch of chips along with nutrition of healthy veggies so that you do not compromise on taste and nutritional values. Get ready to trash your packet of chips and bring on the goodness of baked vegetable sticks.
Zucchini is also known as summer squash and is a rich source of Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Folate, vitamin C, and Potassium. All of these ingredients make zucchini rich with antioxidants, phytonutrients and anti-inflammatory compounds. Thus, regular consumption of zucchini is related with better heart health, eye health, elimination of toxins, and boosting of immunity. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium and Selenium. They are also rich in the anti-oxidant called beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A in the body. All these nutrients make sweet potatoes a powerhouse of health that may lower the risk of heart diseases, oxidative stress and prevention of peptic ulcers (because of phytoesterol content).
- 20 grams Zucchini
- 20 grams Red Bell Peppers
- 20 Grams Yellow Bell Peppers
- 20 grams sweet potato
- 20 grams onion
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Dried oregano (to garnish)- 1/4th tsp
Calories- 70 kcal
Carbs- 6.6 gm
Protein- 1.3 gm
Fats- 2.1 gm
- Peel and cut all the veggies in long sticks using a sharp knife. Ensure that all the veggies are cut in roughly same size and shape.
- In a bowl, toss all the veggie sticks with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Now place a parchment sheet or butter paper over a baking dish and layer your veggie sticks.
- Bake between 170-220 degrees, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with dried oregano.
Over to you:
Market-made chips are loaded with Trans Fats that are directly linked to cause high cholesterol and heart diseases. This easy recipe of baked vegetable sticks is a healthy swap to such chips, and doesn’t require much of your efforts. Swapping unhealthy ingredients from your diet with healthier ones ensure that the palatability and nourishment is seldom compromised.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: