Amla Rice Recipe
By Nmami Agarwal
Amla rice is rich in flavors and goodness of anti-inflammatory properties. It is a good way to inculcate amla in your diet and also a unique way to make your rice meal healthy. Amla is known to cure numerous diseases and has several health benefits.
Amla is one of the best antioxidants as it is rich in vitamin C. Amla boosts immune systems which prevent various infections and viruses. It is high in digestive fiber, reduces blood sugar and prevents heart diseases. Gooseberries also increase metabolic activities.
Calorie: 250 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 gm
Proteins: 7 gm
Fats: 10 gm
- 4 amlas (Indian gooseberries)
- 75 grams steamed rice (chawal)
- 15 grams grated coconut
- 4 to 5 sliced green chillies
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 grams peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 5 dry red chillies
- A pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 6 curry leaves
- A pinch turmeric powder
- Wash and chop the gooseberries and discard the seeds.
- Blend Amla, coconut, green chillies and salt in mixer. Make it in form of paste by adding little water.
- Heat olive oil in the pan and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal, peanuts, chana dal chillies, asafoetida, and curry leaves and sauté in a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the amla paste and turmeric powder and cook it on low flame for 3 minutes
- Add and mix steamed rice and salt. Cover for two minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot.
Over to you:
It is not easy for many people to eat amla. Amla rice is a great meal with various health benefits and healing properties. It is good for immunity, heart problems, and digestion.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: