Amaranth Micro Green Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
The fully nutrient-packed bowl of salad is great in taste besides the nutritional value it provides. This gorgeous salad combines amaranth, carrot, orange and cherry tomatoes with homemade micro green goddess dressing. The dressing is beautifully green and creamy with avocado and walnuts giving the salad an extra crunch.
Nutritional benefits: – Micro greens are fully loaded and packed with vitamins and minerals. They also help to lower weight, longer life expectancy and increased energy. Amaranth is a rich source of manganese, magnesium iron and phosphorous. Amaranth contains a high content of protein and fibre both of which helps in weight loss.
For the Salad:
- 25g of micro greens
- 50g orange cubed
- 10g avocado cubed
- 15g of shredded carrot
- 5g chopped soaked walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 10g uncooked whole-grain amaranth
- 5g finely chopped red onion
- 10 g chopped cherry tomato
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley to sprinkle
For the Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove chopped garlic (optional)
- A dash of salt and pepper
Calories: 173 kcal
- Bring a medium saucepan and add amaranth and cold water to boil; cover and reduce heat, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile light washes the micro greens to remove off the dirt and let it air dry for some time.
- While amaranth cooks, combine micro greens and all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Rinse the amaranth under cold running water in a sieve until the temperature drops down.
- Then add amaranth to the bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper to a little jar and pour on top of the salad.
Over to you: – Let’s grab on a bowl of this salad loaded with micro and macronutrients. It is easy to prepare and has the goodness of amaranth and micro greens. So stay healthy!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: