Kashmiri Kahwa Recipe
By Nmami Agarwal
A hot and comforting drink which comes straight from the beautiful valley of Kashmir. This soul warming tea is infused with a range of spices including cinnamon and cardamom, and served with a touch of saffron and a garnish of chopped almonds. It is a great remedy for cough and cold and also improves the skin health.
Kahwa is usually served after meals in kashmiri household and as it aids in digestion and burns the fat. It also reduces the risk of heart disease while keeping the deposition of cholesterol in check. Saffron used in recipe is rich in vitamin B12 which aids in immunity building and keep the body’s defense mechanism in check. And since cinnamon and cardamom is rich in antioxidants, this drink is a great stress buster and also helps to improve metabolism.
- 1 teaspoon Kahwa tea
- 3 cups water
- 10-12 saffron strands
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rose petals
- 2 teaspoon almonds silvered
- 1 teaspoon honey (Optional)
Carbs- 5 gm
Protein- 1.4 gm
Fat- 1.2 gm
- Heat water in a pan and add saffron, cinnamon, cloves, dried rose petals, and cardamom to it.
- Now let it boil on low flame for around 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add kahwa tea into the water.
- Let the tea steep for a minute into it and then strain the kahwa in 2 cups.
- Add almond slivers and a few strands of saffron on top to garnish.
- Add honey or sugar if required and serve hot.
Over to you:
Try to make this recipe at home and you will find that this Kashmiri Kahwa will instantly perk you up with its amazing aroma and flavor. People throughout Kashmir love this drink and keep sipping on, to keep their body warm during the severe cold months.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: