By Nmami Agarwal
October 15, 2018
To celebrate victory of good over evil i.e. Dussehra we all prepare scrumptious meals. So, why not let’s fight against (Eliminate) wrong eating habits and unhealthy foods to win a healthy lifestyle?
Here we have shared a delicious and nutritious oats, jaggery and whole wheat malpua recipe which is a good start to fight the food evils.
Wheat Flour: Wheat has a natural ability to control weight. It contains complex carbohydrate, dietary fiber, vitamin B, vitamin C and antioxidants. Hence it keeps you feeling fuller longer and gives you energy over a long period of time.
Oats: Oats is an ideal food that’ll keep you healthy. It contains beta-glucan which is effective in reducing bad-cholesterol. It contains vitamin-B1, vitamin-A, zinc, iron, manganese folate, magnesium which almost comprises out daily nutrition intake.
Jaggery: Jaggery is a healthy substitute for sugar, as sugar just contains empty calories and all the nutritional molasses is removed from it. Jaggery has ability to cleanse our body, aids in digestion and provide good amount of minerals.
- Wheat flour- 15g
- Powdered oats- 15g
- Jaggery- 5g
- Salt- ½ tspn
- Water- 60 ml
- Cardamom powder- ½ tspn
- Oil- ½ tspn
Calories: 150.5 kcal
- Add wheat flour, powdered oats and salt in a bowl.
- Add half cup of water and mix well until mixture attains smooth consistency.
- Now in a separate pan add Jaggery, cardamom powder and half cup of water to it and heat the mixture.
- Heat until the mixture turns into the syrup. The consistency of syrup should neither be too thick or too thin.
- Now heat a few drops of oil in the pan, pour some batter over it and cook.
- Flip it and cook again.
- Cover the pan for about a minute. Let it cook well.
- Once our malpua are done dip it in the syrup.
Over to you:
If you are planning a get together at your home for Dussehra this year, then do try this delicious recipe and share it with your loved ones. Happy cooking!