Healthy delicious breakfast with Soya Uttapam
By Nmami Agarwal
Low in fat yet high on flavours! Here, we have an excellent healthy soya uttapam recipe coupled with fresh veggies and spices. You can add more value to it by serving it with some low-fat yogurt.
Nutritional benefits: This healthy uttapam recipe is loaded with protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Consumption of soy products reduce the risk of osteoporosis, cancer and cholesterol levels and the phytosterols in soya is a boon for menopausal women.
Calories: 160-162 kcal
Best served with: Fresh unsalted curd (or yoghurt)
- 10g soya flakes
- 40 ml buttermilk
- 5g rice flour
- 5g sooji
- 10g chopped onion
- 10g chopped tomato
- 10g chopped capsicum
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1/2 tsp mustard leaves
- 3 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup water
For the batter:
- Pour a little oil in a frying pan; add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing for making a tadka.
- Fry for a minute and add soya flakes to it. Stir well. Add water and salt.
- Cook till it becomes soft and then remove it from the flame. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In this soya batter, mix rice flour, sooji, seasonings and buttermilk. Add more water if needed to make it into a thick consistency.
- Let it stay covered for about half an hour.
- Heat a little oil in a tawa.
- Pour the batter on tawa with the help of a ladle. Sprinkle chopped vegetables on it.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till sides are loose and the base gets golden brown.
- Flip over and cook.
Over to you:
This uttapam recipe with an added goodness of soya and veggies can serve as a good breakfast.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: