Health Benefits of Probiotics
By Nmami Agarwal
Probiotics are live microorganisms which colonize the gut and positively influence human health, especially the digestive system. Probiotic is a beneficial bacterium which can be obtained from fermented foods.
The probiotic bacteria generally belong to Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium genera; however, other bacteria and some yeast also have probiotic properties.
Probiotics have the potential to be an exciting ingredient for food with and can enhance the health potential of any meal. Probiotics are found in yogurt, soy drinks, fermented and unfermented milk, buttermilk, some soft cheese, kefir, and many pickles. The combination of probiotic bacteria with nutrient-dense food, such as dairy products, will have the added benefits of enhancing nutrition.
Positive effects of probiotics
- Probiotic enhance nutrient absorption: Probiotics produces enzymes within the gastrointestinal tract. These enzymes help to break down the foods we eat more completely thus the nutrients from foods can be better absorbed, bloating and gas are reduced. Probiotics support the processes that digest, absorb, and detoxify the food we eat.
- Probiotics boost immune function: Probiotics stimulate the production of antibiotics and increase the activity of white blood cells, the immune cells that target, consume, and engulf pathogens. They positively modify the production of cytokines, substances immune cells use to communicate with one another.
- Probiotics fight infection: Probiotics produces chemicals that kill “bad bacteria”. It suppresses the growth of bacteria, yeasts, and viruses by acidifying the digestive tract and by competing with them for space and resources. They also eliminate pH bacteria by inhibiting bad bacteria from secreting toxins.
- Probiotics help prevent food allergies: probiotics are useful for food sensitivities. Probiotics reduce intestinal inflammation. It helps the immune system react to rid the body of foreign particles, and this state of immune reactivity can exaggerate allergic reactions to food and environmental allergens.
- Probiotics can improve digestion: Probiotics can prevent and treat diarrheal diseases, especially in children. High colon pH can cause constipation and lowering pH which makes the stomach acidic can relieve the condition of constipation.
Probiotics are used for multiple digestive problems. Probiotics also produce B vitamins. Vitamin B is important in maintaining healthy skin, a healthy nervous system and also prevents anemia.
Over to you
Probiotic bacteria add a low cost, low-risk layer of protection from infection, allergies. It works great to deal with digestion problems. Probiotics enhance he tastes as well as nutritional values in food and it is easily available “good bacteria” that your body loves.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: