Heal Through Foods
By Nmami Agarwal
July 28, 2018
How often have you heard that healthy lifestyle modification is the only mantra to lead a physically and emotionally healthful life? A lot, right? And a number of times you also might have tried to indulge yourself in that and rolled back to your normal routine due to some of the other issue your body system struggles from. Today we are here to talk about some healing foods, the first step to be taken to bring your previous healthy lifestyle blueprint back into balance.
Healing through foods is not just a diet, it’s a tool that launches your body into a phase of healing naturally. This diet was designed to help anyone triumph over diseases like diabetes, digestive disorders, hormonal imbalance, and much more that has to discussed next. Let’s have a look at some foods that significantly help you heal over illness or infection in a better way through nutrients directly from foods.
- Garlic Heals Uric Acid: Uric acid is a substance, formed when your body breaks down purines (crucial substances known as the building blocks of DNA, digestion and absorption of nutrients as well as impacting blood circulation.) To heal the excess uric acid in your body, swallow one garlic pod and if you find it difficult then finely chop the garlic and then consume it. It’s an incredible source of removing excess uric acid from the body as it contains useful minerals and vitamins especially Vitamin C- a powerful antioxidant which help eliminate toxins like uric acid from your body.
- Fenugreek Seeds Heal Diabetes: Fenugreek seeds are loaded with soluble fibre which helps lower down your blood sugar by slowing down the process of digestion and absorption of carbs. Fenugreek extract alleviates type I and type II diabetes due to the presence of natural fibre called galactomannan, by settling down the rate at which sugar is absorbed into your blood-streams. 4-hydroxyisoleucine- an amino acid found in fenugreek which regulates the release of insulin preventing peaks and plunges in blood sugar levels. Consume 15-20 grams of fenugreek on daily basis to control blood sugar.
- Nuts and Seeds Heal Menstrual Cramps: Menstrual cramps are one of the most uncomfortable phases of getting on your periods. Seeds like pumpkin seeds are enriched with manganese which lessens the ruthless cramping and aids in muscle relaxation as well. Other nutrients like zinc and vitamin E present in pumpkin seeds also help soothe your pain caused in periods. Whereas, nuts like almonds are also an excellent source of nutrients that help ease period pains. So, don’t let cramps ruin your day. Grab some nuts and seeds on the days of your menstruation to heal your menstrual cramps to have a much more pleasant day.
- Cranberry Juice Heals Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Cranberries contain proanthocyanidins, a compound commonly found in plants. This following component can help prevent and heal UTI by restricting bacteria from infecting the lining of your urinary tract. If bacteria don’t spread, it can’t cause urinary tract infection. In order to prevent and heal UTIs, you must consume unsweetened and pure cranberry juice regularly.
- Basil Heals Kidney Stones: Basil is diuretic in nature that acts as a detoxifier, helps in removing kidney stones which further strengthens its functioning. It consists of acetic acid and other essential oils that help in breaking the kidney stones down so that it can pass through urine. Basil contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that help stabilize uric acid levels while making it harder for kidney stones to form. Consuming one teaspoon of basil extract every day help treat kidney stones.
Over to you
Let nature help you heal effortlessly by including these superfoods in your diet plan. Experience the power of healing through foods and move towards a greater health and vitality with key components to enable your optimal body functioning.