By Nmami Agarwal
This bowl recipe is one of the favorite and easiest things to prepare at any time of the day. You can have this healthy, fibrous, nutrient-dense snack on hand at all time and stay energetic and move about rather than just sitting by your couch.
Toppings used in this pudding are real power source of the bowl. You can top it with your favorite fruits and nuts. This bowl is also packed with fiber, low sugar and is the perfect breakfast to fuel your day.
Yogurt is very high in protein, benefits he digestive system and also strengthens the immune system helping you deal with germs. It also benefits your heart to remain healthy and also promotes weight management.
Oats is a power pack ingredient of this recipe containing significant amount of vitamin B, copper, iron which are very healthy for you. It also contains a good amount of zinc which help your sexual hormones. They contain a powerful soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which helps in reduced blood sugar and cholesterol level.
Milk– a rich source of calcium, which is very healthy for your bones and teeth. Milk is rich in vitamin D which helps osteoarthritis of the knee. Cow’s milk is a source of good potassium and decreased sodium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. It is also a production of serotonin, which also helps anxiety.
Flaxseeds being a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids have heart-healthy effects. One tablespoon of flaxseed contains significant amount of plants base omega-3s. Other than that, lignans and estrogen, the antioxidant qualities are also traced in flaxseeds.
- 50 grams plain yogurt
- 50 ml toned milk
- 20 grams oats
- Fruits: 20 grams blueberries and 30 grams chopped oranges.
- Pumpkin/flaxseeds seeds (you can chose either of them)
Calories: 170.5 Kcal
Protein: 6.45 g
Carb: 22.9 g
Fat: 6.25 g
- Take a bowl, add oats and milk to it and let the oats get soaked in milk, and keep the bowl in refrigerator overnight.
- In the overnight oats soaked bowl add a layer of blueberry topped with a layer of yogurt.
- Repeat the similar process with oranges and yogurt. You can also choose to add any seasonal fruits of your choice. In case, you don’t like the above-mentioned fruits.
- At last, sprinkle some flax or pumpkin seeds to have the goodness of health.
- So, here your gym oats bowl is ready to be served.
Suggestion: You can choose to have this bowl, post work out or breakfast.
Over to You:
Doesn’t it sound mouth watering already? So, what are you waiting for, go quick on this recipe at home and make it easy to carry by making it in a Tupperware and share it with your friends and colleagues.
Give energy to yourself and everyone around with this easy to make gym oats bowl. Keep moving. Stay healthy.