Green Peas and Basil Soup
By Nmami Agarwal
Evenings are when you mostly crave for something delicious. This green peas and basil soup recipe with its earthy flavour have retained high fibre content of green peas in will make your evening the yummiest and healthiest ever. Try this out today!
You can say, green peas have it all you need to add on in your plate. What makes peas differently popular from other veggies is its high protein content and low in calories. Not only this. Peas are also enriched with polyphenol antioxidants, likely responsible for several health benefits. Furthermore, peas contain a significant amount of vitamins and minerals needed by your body, such as Vitamin A, C, K, thiamine, carbs, fibre, folate, manganese, phosphorus and iron supporting high blood sugar levels, protecting against chronic conditions, promoting eyesight, and immunity.
Whereas, the holy basil leaves, are an excellent source of vitamin A, C, K, B6, iron, calcium, folate, magnesium and manganese helpful in oral care, respiratory disorders, as well as in fever, asthma, stress and heart diseases.
- Green peas- 1 cup
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Chopped spring onions whites- ½ cup
- Chopped basil leaves- ¼ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt by taste
Calories: 84-88 kcal
Course: Evening snack
- Heat up the oil in a deep pan, add chopped spring onions and sauté it on a medium flame for around one minute.
- Add green peas into it, 3 cups of water and mix it all well. Cover the pan with the lid on and let it cook for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame.
- Cool the mixture completely, add some chopped basil leaves and blend it in the blender till smooth.
- Pour the green pea mixture back into the same pan, add salt and pepper from above mix it well and again let it cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot once all of it is done.
Over to you
You can enjoy this recipe also with restricted salt use, making it good for high blood pressure patients. Above the all, fresh aroma of basil leaves used in this soup will enhance the flavours to a truly unforgettable extent while completing your health, which is actually the real highlight of this recipe.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: