By Nmami Agarwal
An all-time favorite recipe of laddoos is a delicacy of winters and of special occasions. Gram flour or besan is sautéed in ghee to make this mouth-watering recipe. Dry fruits or nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, dates, and raisins give the good dose of energy and nutrition to the recipe while the proportions of these dry fruits can be varied as per your preference.
Dry fruits or nuts used in the recipe are traditionally known as the powerhouse of nutrients. They provide us with lots of health benefiting properties, like maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, and maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function because of the presence of vitamin E, dietary fiber, proteins, and good fats. Besan is filled with essential nutrients like Vitamin A and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, manganese, selenium, and copper. With a low glycemic index, besan also helps in maintaining blood sugar levels. It also makes a person feel fuller for longer, thus, keeps a check on repeated eating.
- 30 grams besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 2.5 grams chopped raisins
- 3 grams chopped almonds
- 7-8 (pc) chopped makhana
- ¼ cup gond (edible gum)
- 2.5 grams peanuts
- 2.5 grams chopped cashew nuts
- 5 grams ghee (clarified butter)
- ¼ teaspoon elaichi powder
- ¼ cup water
Calories: 208 kcal
Protein: 7.06 g
Fats: 10.31 g
Carbohydrates: 19.89 g
- Roast besan in medium flame for 5 minutes or until its raw smell vanishes.
- Also roast makhana, gond, almonds, and cashew nuts for few minutes on medium flame in 1 teaspoon of ghee for few minutes.
- Now remove from the heat and add chopped raisins, roasted almonds, makhana, cashew nuts, and crushed gond powder into the besan and mix well.
- Melt jaggery, till it reaches a liquid consistency. .
- Now, to the molten jaggery paste, add besan mix , and keep stirring on a low flame so that no lumps are formed.
- Once all the flour is added, stir it again for 3-5 more minutes. Cook until the mixture start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Pour the mixture on the greased tray or plate and shape the laddoos of the desired size you like.
Over to You:
Growing up kids or young ones is going to love these super healthy golden laddoos because they taste really amazing. These are best enjoyed along with a glass of hot milk in breakfast.