Get Rid Of Modern Day Demons This Dussehra
By Nmami Agarwal
October 15, 2018
Indian mythology is all full of divinity that also offers an incredible festival to celebrate the victory of good over evil on the occasion of Dussehra- a widely celebrated day, glorifying the coming of Lord Rama back to Ayodhya after the exile of fourteen years and getting triumph over evil Ravana. So, this dussehra why not we all too get rid of modern day demons (modern and ill eating habits) and opt for traditional and healthy eating habits? Let’s vow this dussehra to kick off all the demonic/ill health related habits to establish a good relation with our own health! How? Refer down for that.
How long we all are going to survive over breads and pasta and other fancy salad throughout our lives? Ever wondered so? If so, the get into this blog and know what’s best to survive best!
Modern V/S Traditional Eating Habits
Not forgetting our Indian grounds of traditional eating habits, one should be consuming sattvik (Sattva-predominant) food items prepared at home only. Fresh and easily digestible food that also maintain our mental, physical and spiritual health. However, modern eating habits, ignores these norms and proliferate the tama component (One of the three components in universe, signified by inertia and ignorance.) Regularly following modern eating habits attract negative and distressing vibes.
Let’s read more about modern eating habits, its health issues and about traditional eating habits to neutralize those effects.
- Eating more of fast foods and restaurant foods seem to be the furthermost priority food among the youth generation. Such foods not only have insufficient nutrients but are also high in unhealthy fats like saturated and trans fats that has been directly associated with heart issues and high levels of cholesterol. So, keep your heart health safe and include homemade nutrient dense foods as per the traditional eat habits.
- Screen dependency now-a-days is a great deal amongst children and new age generation that makes them to pay less attention towards what they eat. Therefore, it becomes necessary to create the screen less meal time where you along with your family and enjoy the meal at fullest while letting your body soak more nutrients.
- Frozen foods are amongst the most frequently used foods in household kitchen and more popular foods found in super market shelves. Such foods like frozen fruits, frozen dried fruits, frozen soup and frozen peas and not just preserved but also have lesser nutritional values. So, instead, go for fresh food items enriched with all the necessary nutritional values.
- Eating right before bed or on the bed is a new trend in modern eating habits, resembling the degree of laziness your body has get used to. Also, eating right before bed doubles up the speed of your digestive system which hinders your sound sleep while enabling the digestive system to work whole night. However, following the traditional dinner time i.e. dine by 7:30 help you digest your dinner properly and soak nutrients at fullest.
- Fad diets in a broader way is to let yourself starve and not just starve but also letting yourself deprive from vital nutritional sources to include in your meal for overall well-being. One or the other fad diet lacks overall nutrients required by your body that leads to lower levels of some specific nutrients. Therefore, going for well-balanced diet packed with all the five nutrients (carb, protein, fat, fiber, vitamin and minerals) gives your body the required energy to sustain healthy function of body.
Over to you
Some survey says, around sixty to eighty percent of school going children and ninety four to ninety eight percent of senior citizens undergoes through dental ailments. That’s all because of modern health evils and to get rid of them, load up your plate with fresh nutritious food. Also, changing food habits, eliminating fad diet and careless attitude will protect your family from impure and unhealthy eating habits. So, give time to yourself to understand the health effects of modern eating and health neutralizing and uplifting features of traditional eating habits mentioned above.