Four Nutritious Ways To Stay Hydrated
By Nmami Agarwal
Water is a quintessential need. It’s the basis of life and it’s imperative to increase the intake of foods and drinks with high-water content. In order to beat the heat, it is pertinent to stay hydrated.
Proper hydration comes with a deluge of benefits. It maintains system equilibrium, hormone balance, metabolic processes and also permits the body to flush toxins. In addition, it enhances physical as well as cognitive performance, stimulates your mood, reduces weight and helps in prevention of various health condition and diseases. Adequate hydration escalates satiety and keeps you revitalised. Also, you would be surprised to know that staying hydrated to ward-off binge eating and more.
In order to accommodate with the ever changing environmental condition, the intake of right kind of foods and fluids is vital. Hence, switching to high-percentage water nosh is suggested. Here’s 4 nutritious ways to stay hydrated other than plain water. Scroll down to know more!
- Coconut water: Packed with profuse health benefits and nutrients, coconut water becomes a primary choice on a scorching day. It helps regulate body fluids. Sans fat, cholesterol and low caloric coconut replenishes and rehydrates the body at fullest. Coconut water is loaded with antioxidants that help fight free radicals. The natural salts and electrolytes present in coconut water help fight poor digestion, anti-aging, manages diabetes and offer abundant health benefits.
- Herbal tea coolers: With multiple potential of health benefits, herbal tea improves digestion, detoxifies the body, improves blood circulation, reduces blood pressure, stress and aids in bringing the core body temperature down. Available in a variety of natural flavours, decaffeinated herbal tea cooler is the best escape this summer. Also, it’s a great substitute for the other sugary sweet. It is an amazing blend of flavour and nutrients which makes it well liked and is perfect to satiate anyone.
- Aloe-Vera juice: Aloe-Vera juice is stacked with countless advantages. It helps hydrate the body, supports immune system, treats digestive issues, controls blood sugar levels, improves skin and the overall health. It contains many vitamins and folic acid. Some of the minerals are calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper and many more. It is an antioxidant with regenerative properties.
Dunk some chunks of aloe- vera with any citrus based juice, topped with mint leaves and you are good to go.
Veggies and fruit at rescue: Foods with high-water content increase the production of digestive enzymes and absorption of vitamins and minerals. They regulate body temperature and keep you hydrated. Replenish yourself with fruits and vegetables consisted of high water proportion.
- Low in calories- Watermelon is awfully healthy and hydrating and rich in antioxidants. Have 91.5 % of water content.
- High in water- Cucumber is exceptionally healthy and refreshing. They are low in calories too. Have 95.23 % of water content.
- Lettuce- contains high amount of water, fibre and important nutrients and promotes health while keeping you hydrated. Have 95.6 % of water content.
Zucchini (96% of water content), grapefruit (90.4% of water content), broccoli (91% of water content), celery (95.4% of water content), tomatoes (94.5% of water content), reddish, strawberries (92% of water content), peaches (over 80% of water content) and cantaloupe (over 90% of water content) are some foods which make sure you stay hydrated and rejuvenated.
Over to you
Dealing with the summer temperature, outdoors and water-loss it is paramount to keep yourself well hydrated. Hydration is absolutely essential for the overall health. So, stay hydrated with suggested foods.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: