Fight Fatigue with Food
By Nmami Agarwal
Ever witnessed why you suddenly feel drowsy and sluggish or sleepy during the day when you skip a meal or eat a lot at once? This can come with a lot of uncomfortable conditions where you just can’t afford to pay attention to your work and may start wondering that even after getting enough sleep why are you feeling sleepy. The reason is here!
Knowing the Whys?
Eating a lot of food at once can make you feel uncomfortable and sluggish as all of your body’s energy is consumed in the process of digesting the food. Not eating at proper time and skipping meals are amongst the factors which contribute to fatigue. Having your meals at scheduled time will keep you more energetic and will also increase your metabolism rate hence, helping in losing weight.
Foods that help fighting fatigue
Always start your day with fresh breakfast and try to eat as healthy as you can as healthy food provide you with good amount of energy. Following is a list of some of the foods that you can eat to avoid fatigue.
- Fresh seasonal fruits – Including fresh seasonal fruits in your diet will leave you with a bulk of nutrients and will also help you fight fatigue. Seasonal fruits are advised to be eaten because they ripe naturally without any chemical being the participant. In winters, kiwis, oranges and grapefruits are among some of the healthiest choices to go for. Kiwi is rich in vitamins and fibres.
- Leafy green vegetables – The leafy green vegetables are always in. You can always count on them! Include vegetables like spinach, broccoli, kale, lettuce, etc. these are high in protein, fibres and are also rich in antioxidants. Make a salad out of these and enjoy your meal filled with essential nutrients.
- Chia seeds – Chia seeds are small power banks of energy. They contain healthy fats and fibres and also provide good amounts of carbohydrates. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids which make it healthy for heart and protect it from diseases. The energy provided by them keeps fatigue away.
- Nuts – One thing that you can munch on anytime! No matter you are travelling or running late, grab some of them in your hands and you are sorted! Nuts, mainly almonds provide the most amount of energy. Other nuts include Brazil nuts, walnuts and cashews. They help in fighting hunger and keep you fuller for long.
- Oats – Oats are a healthy start to your day. They are filled with the goodness of fibres and also provide considerable amounts of protein. Have them with low-fat milk or almond milk and skip on the sugar part. For that, you can add some fruits in the bowl and your pack of energy is ready to be consumed.
Over to You:
Having these foods in your diet will keep you fuller for longer and also keep fatigue away. They will provide ample amount of energy and will keep you healthy. Always go for healthier choices when it comes to eating and this will itself make you feel energetic and free from feeling sluggish and sleepy during the day.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: