By Nmami Agarwal
Winters in Dubai and Shimla can be a wonderful experience especially in December, the best time of the year to visit these two mesmerizing vacation spots across the world. Also, recently Dubai has ticked of all the boxes of being a perfect holiday destination and Kashmir from the start is considered the earth’s heaven. So, let’s get into the food expedition of both the places and know what Dubai and Shimla has to serve us.
Dubai Food Expedition
Dubai it has evolved from dry desert to an epitome of modern infrastructure and now everything in Dubai is high class, from world’s tallest building tothe world’s most luxurious hotel, world’s largest mall, the most luxurious restaurants, and one of the greatest amusement parks in the world.
Let’s being the travel food guide right from the localized foods to healthy must try food places!
- Tabouleh: This authentic Arabic vegetarian dishtabouleh is going to satisfy your palate. This refreshing parsley salad is prepared with bulgur, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes with a dressing of lemon vinaigrette. You can enjoy it as an appetizer or as your main meal.
Nutrition Inside: This dish is a combination of super foods like Bulgur which is high in fiber and protein, and has a glycemic index. It also contains onions, garlic, parsley, peppermint, cucumbers, tomatoes and lemon juice making it rich in vitamins and minerals such as, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and biotin.
- Mehalabiya: This traditional and popular sweet dish that you should try is an Arabic rice pudding which is flavored with rosewater and topped with pistachios making it one of the most fragrant and delicious desserts in Dubai.
Nutrition Inside: This fiber rich sweet dish is beneficial for intestinal health, weight loss, lower blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. Pistachio added in the recipe islow in calories and packed with antioxidants. It’s good for eye health and helpful for weight loss and heart health.
- Thereed: This popular Arabic dish is a rich and hearty stew. In UAE, the stew is typically made with succulent meat and roasted vegetables such as potatoes, pumpkin and tomatoes which is then slow-cooked for hours. This stew is served along with traditional Emirati flatbread making it a quick and wonderful complete, filling and flavorful meal.
Nutrition Inside: This meal has many nutritional and health benefits. It’s high in vitamin C, iron, zinc and fiber. It also includes protein, B vitamins (niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, and B6), vitamin E, and magnesium. Proteins work as a building block for bones, muscles, skin, and blood.
Healthy Must Try Food Places!!!
- The Arabian Tea House: One of the most atmospheric places for lunch and is located in the leafy courtyard of a traditional wind tower building in the Bastakiya. In the evenings, an Arabic meal and sheeshaat Al Shindagha is a delightful spot to watch the nightly parade of illuminated party boats on the Creek.
- Life ‘N One: A garden refuge in the midst of Dubai’s upscale Jumeirah neighborhood, Life ‘N One is a holistic health and life-healing center with its own organic and vegan cafe. Walk through in the stony pathway and settle in on the grass in this natural sanctuary.
- XVA Café: One of the oldest community and the most interesting areas in Dubai is the Fahidi Historical Neighborhood smack bang in the middle of Bur Dubai. And in the middle of that is this XVA café which serves healthy, delicious, and vegetarian cuisine.
- The Cycle Bistro: Cycling is a new health craze in Dubai, and this Cycle Bistro combines healthy food and cycling in a placed back and sun-filled space which has plenty of open area to relax and savor every bite. Hire a bike from the Cycle Hub to work up an appetite, and then follow it up with sugar-free choices from their ninety five percent Paleomenu.
Explore local cuisine
Eating at a restaurant for a couple of nights is fine, but make sure to try some local cuisine. There are many appealing Pakistani, Indian, and Chinese restaurants in the city which are worth exploring.
Shimla Food Expedition
There is something incredible in traveling to Shimla. Apart from stunning landscapes, smiling local faces, you can explore the food that is unique, flavored with various herbs and spices, healthy and extremely delicious! Here is our list of healthy food guide.
- ChannaMadra: Simple flavors leave an everlasting smack on your taste buds. Local dishes help you have a real experience of the place. This thick, yogurt-based gravy made out of white or black chickpeas, served with steamed rice or bread.
Nutrients Inside- This recipe has a good mix of yogurt that is a good source of vitamin D whereas chickpeas are excellent source of protein and fiber for people opting for vegan and gluten-free meal plan.
- AuriyaKadoo: If you are a fan of pumpkin or want to try its taste at best, you should give this dish a try. Favorite of all ages, this dish has a very pungent aroma, which catches your senses instantly. Ripe pumpkin is sautéed along with spices and served with roti or rice.
Nutrients Inside- Easy way to boost your nutrient during your travel time. Packed with vitamin A and C, that boosts immunity and is good for eyesight. Spices are used in it are also chock-full of healthy compounds and may help prevent illness and disease.
- Siddu: If you are in Shimla then make sure to bless your taste buds with this Steamed siddu- an extremely popular dish in winter for the hilly people as it gives warmth and strength. The small dough is filled with a small amount of paste of poppy seeds.
Nutrients Inside- They are steamed which results in lighter and healthier meal. Poppy seeds contain iron and phosphorus that maintain bone health.
- Kullu Trout fish: Apart from being blessed with breathtaking natural beauty, it’s the exquisite cuisine that gives any traveler more than just one reason to fall in love with shimla. This is a very delicious fish dish from the hill. Marinated fish is cooked in the minimal spices to keep the nutrients and Trout’s taste intact.
Nutrients Inside: Since the human body can’t make significant amounts of few essential nutrients that are found in fish. This dish is a good source of vitamin D, protein, omega 3 and a good mix of vitamins that helps in brain development and is good for the heart health.
- Chicken Anardana: This is an amazing, delicious chicken dish. Good balance of tangy and a bit sweet. Cooked with pomegranate, walnuts, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon that adds unique flavor mix with tangy and goes well with salad, bread or roti.
Nutrients Inside: Chicken is good source high quality protein that’s is good for muscle and talking about pomegranates it has been eaten throughout history for their benefits contains vitamin C, folates, fibers, pyridoxine and Vitamin-K that aid in smooth digestion, boost immunity and creation of red blood cells. Walnuts have healthy omega-3 fat that is good for heart.
Over to you
Winter has its own charm and so does these two beautiful vacation spot.So, when you plan to visit any of these two places do remember to taste localized foods while keeping travel guidelines in mind.