By Nmami Agarwal
June 14, 2018
Food consumed during Eid is popular for being hearty and for its ability to mingle perfectly with taste buds while bursting savory flavors. This recipe is no different. Rich in taste yet being healthy, this mutton recipe is made to check all the boxes in your list of a perfect meal.
Drenching with proteins and carbohydrates, this recipe is an all-rounder when it comes to nutrition and fulfilling hunger demands. Mutton is an adept source of potassium, vitamin A and sodium. With the usage of herbs and spices like coriander powder, peppercorns, cinnamon and garam masala, ample of vitamins affect the body by regulating blood sugar levels and metabolism. Correct amount of consumption of these herbs and spices prevent heart diseases too.
So here is a step-by-step guide to the perfect meal to munch down on this auspicious festival of Eid.
Calories: 362 kcal
- mutton chops- approximately 70 grams
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cm ginger piece
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 4 cloves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 cm cinnamon piece
- ½ piece mace
- 1 pinch of saffron diluted in water
- Grind and crunch the ginger, onion and garlic to a paste. Mix in the remaining spices and add yogurt as well.
- Flatten the chops with a kitchen hammer and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add all the spices and when they start spattering add the chops with the marinade and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove the lid and cook further for 10 minutes.
- Cover and pressure cook the chops for another 10 minutes. Remove the lid, stir in the saffron and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot.
This dish caps the month of Ramzan with a perfect blend of flavors along with health. This is a fabulous treat that makes any celebration even more special. This Eid, don’t hold back and give your meals the oomph it requires with this recipe.