Eat. Sleep. Dance. Repeat
By Nmami Agarwal
Basic dance workout just got better with Bokwa and Zumba. Dance fitness has been recently trending on from few a bit years and has got a good reason to get recognition as it’s a fun and heart-pumping dance workout. A fun and full-fledged form of entertainment as well as exercise so, here’s what you should know before you join any of the either dance fitness. Let’s begin!
Bokwa is a kind of dance workout in which you have to draw English letters and numbers with your feet on the beats of music. You can also add some freestyle moves to spice it up. It is gaining popularity with easy moves and numerous benefits to health. It is easy to learn and can be mastered by anyone from any age group. It was introduced by Paul Movi in 2000 who is an international fitness personality.
Body benefiting Bokwa
Bokwa helps in burning great amount of calories. You can burn approximately 600-1200 calories in a 1-hour session. It provides a number of health benefits as it reduces the risk of coronary heart diseases and promotes better respiratory endurance. It is a good exercise for those who want to de-stress and are somewhere dealing with depression and anxiety. It will work as a soothing factor for all psychological conflicts. It also provides flexibility and muscular strength to your body.
No matter what sort of workout you do, food must not be ignored. Foods which are good in essential nutrients that help you keep energetic and strong must be taken. To increase your metabolic rate, eat within even intervals of time and go for healthier choices. Here, we have included some of the foods and how can you eat them in various ways.
- Homemade Granola – Avoid buying packaged granola from the market.Prepare granola at home by blending oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ along with cinnamon and salt and then mixing some vegetable oil and honey. Bake it and add some nuts like almonds and coconuts and store in an air tight container. Granola is a good source of carbohydrates and is fibrous. It provides micronutrients like magnesium and zinc which promote better immune health. It can be eaten in various ways. Some of which are given below.
1. Granola with almond milk: Almond milk is considerably low in calories as compared to any other nut milk. It is a non-dairy derivative and is a healthy alternative to cow’s milk. It is high in vitamin E which reduces inflammation, stress and is a good source of calcium too. So, grab a bowl of granola and pour some almond milk into it and enjoy your meal.
2. Baked apple granola: Apples provide great amounts of carbohydrates and also contain fibres which are good for gut health. They contain antioxidants like catechin which provide many health benefits. You can bake slices of apple for added flavour and then top them with granola and nuts.
3. Green salad with granola: You can also prepare a salad with some green vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and top them with granola to give it a crunchier touch. Broccoli contains fibres and proteins and cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants. You can add more green vegetables or replace these with other green veggies as per availability.
- Roasted chicken – Chicken provides high amount of proteins, which helps in building body tissues and muscles. It also contains vitamins B3 and B6 which promote better health. You can eat roasted chicken instead of fried ones as this is healthier and retains more amount of proteins. Some of the ways you can eat it are given below
1. Roasted chicken avocado salad: Salad is always a healthy option to go for! Avocados are a good source of potassium which helps in lowering down blood pressure levels. It contains antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin which are good for the eyes. Add slices of avocado or make a paste of avocado and add it to your roasted chicken and your meal is ready.
2. Roasted chicken stuffed peppers: Peppers are as colourful for your health as they look. Bell peppers are a good source of fibres and have high amounts of vitamin C. They help in preventing anaemia and are considered good for eyes. You can use any bell pepper as per availability. Green bell peppers are the most common. You can scoop out the seeds and fill it with roasted chicken and then bake it.
3. Chicken vegetable soup: Another healthy choice is to go for a soup. Add vegetables like carrots, green beans, cabbage, etc. into the soup and the main ingredient, roasted chicken. Roasted chicken will be easier to cook. Add some herbs on the top and serve. Carrots promote weight loss and better eye health and contain beta-carotenoids which help in improving immune system. Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C and improves digestion.
Bokwa is an interesting way to lose those extra calories and it is advisable to stock up on basic nutrients that your body requires. Preparing these foods is super easy and it will keep you healthy and make your workout gain desirable results.
It’s better when it’s trending! A better way to workout than a workout! If you are fed up of working out those lazy hours, there’s something more apt for you. We’re talking Zumba! It is a workout which involves movement of your whole body at the sound of music. It is a more interesting way of working out and burning calories from it. It’s more of a dance on latin and international rhythms which is too hard to refuse.
Body benefiting Zumba
The best part about Zumba is that it helps you in losing weight in a more convenient way. It tones your body and also helps in building endurance. It also helps in reducing certain health risks. It improves blood pressure and is good for cardiovascular health. It also helps in keeping your mind healthy as it releases mood-improving endorphins which are known for keeping all of your worries at bay. Zumba gets you into the world of exercise which helps you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Before indulging yourself in any kind of exercise, always look up for food without which you cannot imagine good results. As Zumba is an intense workout, it becomes crucial to include certain foods in your diet so as to avoid fatigue and overeating at once. Focus on healthy carbohydrates for the energy production before your workout and go for better protein part after your workout to replenish your body muscles. Always plan your meals before and after workout which helps in improving your metabolism and further weight loss.
- Smoothies- Smoothies are easy to prepare and are filled with amazing nutrients. Prepare them with vegetables or fruits, any way you like it to be.
1. Blueberry spinach smoothie: Give your workout a healthy start with this a dose of antioxidants and iron.Berries are loaded with antioxidants called anthocyanin which help in protecting cells from damage. Spinach is a good source of iron and is a nutrient-rich vegetable containing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, etc.
2.Apple cinnamon smoothie: Apples are a good source for essential carbs and also contain fibres which promote gut health. They contain several antioxidants like catechin and chlorogenicacid which provide many health benefits. Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is known for lowering blood sugar levels and reduces heart risks.
3. Avocado oats smoothie: Avocados are a great source of potassium which helps is lowering down blood pressure levels. They are rich in fibres and contain oleic acid which keeps your heart healthy. Oats contain proteins and vitamins like B-vitamins which help in lowering cholesterol.
- Veggies – Vegetables are the greatest source of getting essential vitamins and minerals and they can be included in the diet in different ways. Some of the ways are listed below.
1. Stir fry veggies – Prepare a stir fry salad with fresh veggies like broccoli, carrots and leafy greens like spinach, kale, etc. broccoli has digestible fibres and is a good source of proteins. It is also filled with vitamins and minerals. Carrots contain carotenoids which help reduce the risks of cancer and lowers blood cholesterol. Spinach provides iron in abundance and kale is known for vitamin K which helps in blood clotting.
2. Roasted cauliflower and broccoli – Roasted cauliflower and broccoli is a good way to fulfil your hunger with a load of nutrients. Broccoli is a good source of proteins and cauliflower provides antioxidants in abundance. They are low in calorie count while being filled with vitamins and minerals.
3. Tomato and bean salad – Beans are good in fibre content and help in preventing cancer causing agents. Make a salad with boiled kidney beans and black eyed peas with tomatoes and toss it with some herbs. Tomatoes have lycopene in them which reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
Over to you
Bokwa and zumba are the great way to stay fit and including the suggested foods in your diet will improve the results you are looking for. Include as many vegetables and fruits in your diet as you can as they are the best source for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: