Eat Right – Grow Right!
By Nmami Agarwal
Hair is considered to be one of the most important physical attributes by both women and men alike. A bad hair day equals a bad day no matter your age or where you’re from. For many of us, our hair is a reflection of who we are. Ever heard the saying “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have?” Well, the same goes for your hair. So, in order to keep up with the good appearance of your hair, it is important to take care of them and keep it healthy and lustrous. So, here are some of foods items along with their remedies which can make your hair smooth and luscious?
Let’s find out.
- Daily Methi – The hair, skin, and nails are mostly made up of proteins, like keratin, collagen, and elastin. These proteins provide elasticity, strength and prevent wrinkles. Fenugreek is packed with protein and is beneficial against hair fall, dryness of the scalp, hair thinning and dandruff. Fenugreek is also rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, K and C and minerals like potassium, calcium, and iron.
Remedy: Including fenugreek in your daily diet plan is one of the best things you can do for the health of your hair. Fenugreek can also be applied to your scalp as a paste. Just soak fenugreek overnight and mix it with ½ a cup of aloe vera extract and start applying!
- Oats Heal – Whole grains like oats, wheat and barley are extremely rich in biotin and will help nourish your hair. Biotin is a vitamin that stimulates new cells and increases the growth of both hair and nails. Another reason for the success of biotin is that it is needed to metabolize keratin and fatty acids, which are essential for healthy hair.
Remedy: A daily intake of one bowl of oats can do wonders for your hair!
- Mask It With Eggs and Yoghurt! – Eggs and yogurt are enriched with nutrients and protein which works as a truly magical ingredient to get rid of all those hair fall issues. Use them for hair mask working on all hair types and providing proper nourishment to your hair. This homemade mask act as natural and an effective conditioner in strengthening your weak hair but also keep dandruff and hair- fall at
Remedy: Mask your hair once or twice in a week by beating 1 egg along with 2-3 tbs. of curd with 1 teaspoon of honey and lemon (only for non – coloured hair). Gently apply this mask on your scalp and keep it for 1 hour for a smooth – shiny hair.
- Amla for your Every Need – There is a reason your mother and grandmother keep insisting you put amla in your hair or have amla regularly. Amla is packed with Vitamin C, a deficiency of which can lead to hair fall. Added to this, massaging your scalp with amla not only supplies nourishment for your follicles but also boosts blood circulation. Amla removes dandruff, dissolves grease and dirt from follicles and maintains the ideal pH level for essential oil production.
Remedy: Make sure to add amla to your daily diet or nourish your hair with amla oil regularly for the best results!
- Green is Great! – Spinach is a great source of iron, which is essential for healthy hair. An iron deficiency can disrupt the transportation of oxygen and nutrient to the hair follicles and can cause your hair strands to become week and fall. Iron also keeps you energetic and can prevent your nails from becoming brittle. Remedy: Make sure to take inspiration from Popeye and add a healthy dose of spinach to your diet.
- Try Some Triphala – The compounds present in Triphala not only increase hair volume but also help repair already damaged hair. Triphala also acts as a deterrent to infections and fungal activity and reduces dandruff. Triphala also helps in cleansing your digestive system. Remedy: Make triphala a part of your diet. Applying triphala powder to your scalp (as a mixture with coconut oil) will play a huge role in the health of your hair.
- Beauty With Brains – Fats are essential for hair nourishment and thickening. Not the kind you would find in pastries and pizza, but essential fats like omega-3. These fats cannot be naturally produced by the body and have to be consumed. Flaxseed and almonds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids and can help prevent a dry and itchy scalp. The Vitamin E in almonds promotes alertness and preserves memory longer. They also help suppress inflammation and support better immunity so get to snacking.
- Remedy: Have a handful of flaxseeds or almonds daily as an evening snack. You could also add flaxseed to your breakfast cereal, smoothies or yogurt and make it a full meal.
Over to you:
Eat your way to a fit body, a healthy mind, and natural beauty! Plan your diet so that not just your body feels good, but your hair looks fabulous. Never have another bad hair day with these nutrient-rich foods. Keep your hair healthy and happy for a good look every day!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: