We all know how healthy oats are. There are no doubts when we talk about the goodness of this super food. There are so many dishes you can cook using Oats and one of my all time favourites is Oats Idli. It’s healthy, tasty and a great option for breakfast. You can team it up with chutney and sambar for a yummy and healthy meal.
What do you need?
- 30g oats
- 15g sooji (rava)
- 2-3 tbspfresh or sour curd
- 1/4 teaspoon of eno
- 1 medium carrot grated
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds (rai)
- Cumin seeds (jeera)
- Asafetida (hing)
- Crushed black pepper
- Green chilies (chopped)
Nutritional Benefits: Oats are among the healthiest grains on Earth. They are a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
- Calories- 210kcal
- Course Type: Breakfast
How to cook?
- Take oats in a grinder or blender and grind/blend to a fine flour.
- Peel and grate carrot. Finely chop the ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and green chilles.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Stir and saute till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and a pinch of asafetida. Saute for a minute.
- Add sooji, stir and saute for 2 minutes. Then add oats flour and stir.
- Roast for 4-5 minutes. Take this mixture in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add the grated carrots, chopped coriander leaves, and curd. Stir well.
- Then add water and stir the idli batter again. The batter should have medium consistency.
- Grease the idlimoulds with oil/ghee.
- Add salt, eno.
- Pour the idli batter in the greased moulds. Cover and steam the idlis for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with some chutney and sambar.
Over to You
Breakfast is an important meal of the day. It should be healthy and filling as it makes you ready for a challenging day. And Oats Idli is a great option for everyone who is committed to healthy eating as it is super yummy too.
Try this dish for breakfast and keep eating healthy.
Also, if you have some yummy and healthy options for breakfast in your mind, do share it with us.