Eat as per the body type- Endomorph
By Nmami Agarwal
Endomorph is a body type- usually strong, stocky and broad! This body type gains fat easily, have a slow metabolism, naturally chubby, and usually of thick arms and legs. They retain more subcutaneous fat, slowly lose weight but have well ability to gain muscle.
A metaphor frequently used to describe endomorph is pear-shaped. The fat of endomorph has a tendency to settle into the lower regions of the body, predominantly in the lower abdomen, hips, and thighs, rather than being distributed evenly throughout the body.
Plight of endomorph
- Endomorphs are genetically prone to store more fat easily due to various issues with hormone’s behavior tendencies, energy consumption and metabolism.
- Even after weight loss struggles, it seems like fat goes down at a really slow rate.
- They are usually large-framed with medium to large joints.
Food for endomorph
Endomorphs are recommended to stay away from insulin increasing foods and focus more on proteins, low carbs, fibers, and healthy fat.
- Proteins: Proteins has the more thermic effect and ‘stirs the pot’ more than carbohydrates and fats. A protein-rich diet is less likely to be stored as body fat than a diet high in carbs or fat. It also, allows a reduction in calories along with a minimal feeling of hunger.
Protein-rich foods are eggs, soy, almonds, broccoli, and milk.
- Complex carbs: Although endomorph is sensitive to carbohydrate but due to slower metabolism in endomorph they do need a portion of complex carbs.
Sources of complex carbs are oats, rice, barley and sweet potato.
- Healthy fat: Healthy fat help lowering blood cholesterol levels and shedding excess weight. It’s an absolutely essential nutrient for endomorphs, which also helps absorbing fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, D, E, and K.
Sources of healthy fat are avocados, fatty fish, coconut oil, nuts and seeds.
- Fiber: Fiber helps the body to feel full for longer. It improves digestive health and lowers blood cholesterol. Fiber helps in keeping weight under check and it’s beneficial for endomorphs especially for those struggling with weight loss.
Fiber-rich foods are bananas, oranges, apples, raisin bran, and chia seeds.
Endomorphs should prioritize proteins in the diet. Proteins help in preserving lean body mass. It is necessary to choose food which filling without increasing too many calories and the best way do this is to have green veggies in diet.
Over to you
If there is a determination that weight problem will not lead to defeat, it would not. Development of discipline regarding eating habits and doing enough exercise is the key.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: