Don’t Burst Pimples, Burst Myths – Eat Right
By Nmami Agarwal
Stuck between pop or not to pop pimples? Well, it's a real dilemma to win over! Standing in front of the mirror on a number of occasions wondering, “Popping pimples might unload your face with such an annoying thing,” even after being advised not to pick or pop them. Doing so is definitely not a wise solution to get rid of them, rather it may only lead to worsening the condition, leaving marks over there. Mainly, pimples are the result of hormonal imbalance, excessive sweating and a certain diet you follow.
Foods that you consume on regular basis determine youthfulness of your skin. Therefore, to combat pimples, eating right food is the simplest of all.
- Mangoes: Summer season of gorging juicy mangoes is here. The best summer fruit rich in beta- carotene, vitamin A, C and B6, potassium, magnesium, and fiber which are crucial nutrients for a healthy skin. Mangoes generally do not cause pimples, however, moderation and discipline in eating habits are mandatory for a balanced holistic approach to health and skin both. Mangoes are otherwise excellent for skin due to its nutritional value. Vitamin A or beta-carotene, a strong antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin and also prevents the growth of pimples.
- Papaya: Papaya contains lycopene, which fights against pimples caused by free radicals. It also contains antioxidants, vitamin C and A and two enzymes called papain and chymopapain, with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. They exfoliate to unblock pores and provides a protein-rich ingredient to prevent the formation of pimples. This whole thing makes papaya an excellent choice for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is an extremely hydrating fruit rich in water content, vitamins B6 and C, amino acids, and lycopene, which helps in reducing inflammation and leaves your skin moisturized from inside. A fruit that has a unique acne healing powers. Its standout ability to generate nitric oxide makes watermelon a pimple stealer and vital for the healing of old pimples.
- Nuts and Seeds: Deficiencies of minerals in your body like zinc and selenium have been associated to the cause of pimples. Adding the right proportion of zinc in your diet is among the natural treatments of pimples which reduce the inflammatory response of bacteria that invades the blocked pores causing severe irritation and pimple formation. Peanuts (roasted), hazelnuts, pumpkin and sesame seeds prevent the cause of pimples and are considered essential for healthy skin.
- Yogurt: Eating yogurt is as good as applying on face. Lack of probiotics in your dietary plan can elevate digestive issue further causing pimple or acne. Therefore, a healthy gut is mutually beneficial to have an acne free skin which can be attained by adding yogurt to your diet.
- English Carrots: Loaded with vitamin A with a power to slough off the dead cells and prevent them from blocking pores. Vitamin A present in carrot in the form of beta-carotene works very well against the formation of pimples.
Over to You
Pimples not just spoil the physical appearance but effects mental health and overall low confidence in a person. Understanding this issue has caused turbulence in past, which has resulted in an inflow of in numerous range of cosmetics, globally. These skin treatments, in reality, can only help at a surface level whereas, the core of the problem is not an external matter as much an internal/lifestyle problem. It is essential for a person, to bring in a wise change in the day-to-day routine. If the condition doesn’t alleviate within a few weeks, it is best to consult a dermatologist, who can detect exactly what is wrong, internally.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: