By Nmami Agarwal
Hitting the age of 30 is a major milestone in your life! As a 30-year-old woman, you have successfully transitioned to an age where you are well settled with a fantastic job and surrounded by family and friends. This achievement comes with a responsibility without which there can be serious consequences to your health.
Changes in your body after the age of 30:
When a woman reaches 30 it is time to reevaluate your food and drinking habits. The body’s rate of metabolism starts reducing and if you are not too careful with what you eat, it leads to the onset of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, heart ailments, and hypertension. The body also starts producing less muscle and has a weaker immune system. The body requires nutritional supplements which help to keep your health on track. A good diet must include minerals, vitamins, iron, calcium, folic acid, potassium, fiber etc.
Types of food required after you hit 30 for:
- Immunity Building: Fresh and organic vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, and fruits like watermelon, apples, oranges, kiwi, and grapefruit etc are excellent sources of minerals and nutrients which boost the immunity system in your body.
- Bone Density: Calcium-rich foods such as milk, yogurt, cheese and vegetables like broccoli, kale, cabbage helps to keep osteoporosis at bay. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium in your body and found in tuna, salmon, mackerel, egg yolk, orange juice etc.
- Anti Aging: A well-hydrated skin and body aids in reversing aging. Nuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, coconut oil are an excellent source of omega fatty acids. Beetroot, tomato, berries keep wrinkles away. Potassium-rich foods like potatoes, beans, fish, and legumes reduce dark circles under your eyes.
- Mental Wellbeing: The brain is the most vital organ that regulates your body and you must include fish like sardine, trout, blueberries, coffee, turmeric, chocolates, and pumpkin seeds etc. to boost the brain.
- Fight Diseases: Super foods such as avocado, apple, cranberry, flaxseed, beet, orange, papaya, quinoa, sweet potato are perfect to fight diseases in your body.
- Boost Metabolism: Eggs, lean meat, pepper, oatmeal, brown rice, lentils and green tea etc are foods which boost metabolism naturally in your body and an absolute must in your diet.
Over to you:
It is absolutely imperative that you learn to love and take care of yourself for the sake of your physical as well as mental health. A little self love ensures that you enjoy a happy, healthy and long life!