Desi Summer Drinks to Beat the Heat Wave!
By Nmami Agarwal
June 21, 2018
Staying hydrated is the key to survive in this sweltering heat and in maintaining good health. Body tends to lose water at a faster pace due to immoderate sweating. While water is the utmost important drink to assuage thirst, one can try other summery beverages that not only satisfy thirst, keep your body cool but also nourishes you. Welcome summers while refreshing and replenishing your body with some of the best summer beverages in order to beat the heat. Here are a few suggested summer drinks that must not be missed out on:
- AAM PANNA: Aam panna, also famed as the ‘heat beater’ during summers is a healthy drink with numerous health benefits. The main ingredient, being raw green mangoes, make this drink a flavorful and healthy beverage. Aam Panna helps in dealing with constipation issues, heals blood disorders, improves the quality of the skin as well as the health of the eyes. This beverage can also help lower depression, diarrhea and prevents dehydration. The benefits don’t end here, it also provides energy, increases immunity and contains substantial amounts of vitamin A, magnesium, iron and abundance of vitamin C.
- SATTU DRINK: Sattu or roasted gram flour sherbet is an instant summer body-cooler as it prevents the body from overheating and drops down body temperature significantly. Made by dry roasting process, it is sealed with fiber, protein, calcium, iron manganese and magnesium. It is great for helping with digestion as it cleanses the colon, detoxifies it of greasy food and cures constipation and acidity result in less bloating. Since it is a hydrating drink, Sattu helps to maintain a healthy glow along with providing rich nutrients to your hair follicles. Furthermore, the nutrients present in Sattu suppress diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Aam Ras: The very first thought of having delicious aam ras in summers gets you excited, doesn’t it! Believe or not, functional benefits of aamras are like tasting mythical, golden nectar from the heavens. Apart from that, it also helps in preventing heart disease. Beta-Carotene, potassium, selenium, and vitamin-E present in aam ras ensure to keep our immune system strong, lower cholesterol levels and maintain the healthy and natural glow of your skin while keeping your body cool from inside.
- Sugarcane Juice: The first thing that strikes to the mind when passing by the busy lanes in hot summer days is a chilled glass of sugarcane juice. Sugarcane itself has been widely attributed to number of remedies treating score of problems. Antioxidant content found in it helps in fighting infection and boosts immunity. Sugarcane juice brings a significant improvement in the hemoglobin level and can be a low-cost solution to fight against anemia globally and also helps to cure urinary tract infection while ensuring proper functioning of kidneys. A glass of sugarcane juice is rich in protein, carb, iron, potassium and other vital nutrients making it ideal as an energy drink.
- Indian bael: Bael fruit, also known as wood apple, contains protein, vitamins, beta-carotene, riboflavin and thiamin. But drinking bael juice is the best way to stay fit and healthy as it has gastro protection properties, reduces blood glucose level effectively, its anti-inflammatory properties soothes inflamed organs, cures diarrhea and dysentery, and last but not the least also it is considered as a refreshing cooler that aids in acidity.
Over to you
The sunny bright days are finally here to plan perfect pool afternoons. Plan seems to be perfect but to stay hydrated and energized physically is equally important to cope up with the scorching heat outside. So, make a list of these amazing summer drinks which will keep you up for these summery days complimenting your overall well being.