Cucumber Soya Flap
By Nmami Agarwal
A lovely breakfast option for vegetarians; it is delicious as well as nutritious. Soy flour is a high-protein product made from ground, roasted soybeans. Soy flour is rich in protein and other nutrients and also adds a pleasant texture and flavour to foods. Most of the plant food sources do not contain essential amino acids required by our body for growth and development, but soybean is one of the most nutritious food items because it provides complete protein, due to which known as an ideal food for vegetarians.
Nutritional Benefits: Soya flour is an excellent source of high-quality protein containing all amino acids essential for the body. It contains a good amount of iron, potassium, B- vitamins and bioactive compounds which provides relief in menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, prevents breast cancer and maintains healthy bones. Soya has anti-atherosclerosis effects as it contains isoflavones which help in lower cholesterol and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in nutrients that provide various health benefits like it aids in weight loss, keeps you hydrated and flush out toxins, nourishes with vitamins which boosts immunity, give you energy and keeps you radiant.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 149 Kcal
- 2 tbsp soy flour
- 1/2 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp low-fat curd
- ½ small grated cucumbers
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except oil and mix well.
- Add water and make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non -stick pan and lightly grease it using oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread nicely in a circular motion to make chila/flaps.
- Cook using oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Over to You
Soybean flour is an ideal option for replacement of grain cereals. Give your day a healthy start with this nutritious cucumber soya flap and balance your protein requirements. This recipe is easy to prepare and also a good option for those following low carbohydrate diet.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: