Crispy Veggie Nuggets
By Nmami Agarwal
These Veggie nuggets have the same crispy yet soft texture as traditional nuggets, but it’s so healthier. These nuggets are baked instead of fried as you can control the amount of oil you have to use while sticking to serve healthier veggies in plates.
Broccoli: Broccoli is a hearty and healthy vegetable which has many health benefits. It is low in calories and has essential vitamins and nutrients, in addition to fiber. It contains vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc too. Boiling can remove up to 90% of the valuable nutrients so try avoiding that while using broccoli.
Mushrooms: Mushrooms are super food and one of the most health- promoting foods on the planet. Mushrooms are low in calories and have a good content of fiber, potassium and vitamin C which contribute to our cardiovascular health. It contains various other nutrients like vitamin B, selenium, potassium, copper and vitamins.
Carrots: This crunchy and tasty carrot is highly nutritious and a great source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K and potassium. Carrot consumption can reduce the risk of cancer and heart diseases. The antioxidants and phytochemicals in carrots can help in regulating sugar.
- 10 grams cauliflower
- 20 grams mushrooms
- 10 grams carrots
- 10 grams beetroot
- 10 grams bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1-2 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Calories (2 pc) – 132.3 kcal
Proteins – 3.49 g
Carbohydrates – 15.25 g
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Roughly chop broccoli, mushrooms and carrots and place them in a food processor.
- Process until all the veggies are finely chopped and starting to hold together.
- Now add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and process it again until incorporated. Mixture should be held together.
- Take spoonful amount and shape it into nuggets. Gently brush little oil on both sides with roll it into breadcrumbs.
- Place nuggets on baking tray and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Over to You:
Quitting junk food is a gradual process and takes time, as for now, you can have this healthy junk alternative. Enjoy it with a spicy and savory sauce!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: