By Nmami Agarwal
November 23, 2018
Around fifty to sixty percent of women suffer from Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) and cranberry play the best role in preventing UTI while stopping the bacteria to enter the bladder walls. Try this delicious salsa recipe made with fresh cranberries, cucumber, green onions, and jalapeno making it the finest appetizer.
Cranberries are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K. They contain proanthocyanidins (PACs), which is an antioxidant that helps preventing a variety of diseases. The spicy chili peppers i.e. jalapeno are packed with variety of nutrients that has various health benefits like weight loss, pain relief, improved heart health and lower ulcer risk. Cucumber present in the recipe will keeps you hydrated while providing antioxidants like flavonoids and tannins which prevents the accumulation of harmful free radical.
- 20 grams – cranberries
- 15 grams – cucumber
- 15 grams – green onions
- 2 -3 jalapeno (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per your taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar or as per your taste
Calories: 105 kcal
Proteins: 1.4 g
Fat: 1.4 g
Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Pulse cranberries and sugar in a food processor until it is finely chopped.
- Toss with finely chopped cucumber, onions and coriander leaves.
- Now add jalapeno, lemon juice and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill it for around 2 hours in refrigerator and serve along with tortilla chips or wraps of your choice.
Over to You:
Frequency of sexual activity is strongly correlated to UTI so, it is advisable to develop good bowel habits and balance good bacteria by adopting healthier habits. Try this recipe soon and eliminate risk of getting UTI by any chance.