“Coconut Water Green Refresher”
By Nmami Agarwal
Withdrawal of monsoon has once again given the sun a free hand to lash its heat on. In such sultry conditions staying refreshed and hydrated is very important. And when it comes to rehydration, cucumber can’t be overlooked, that too in combination with coconut water do nothing less than adding stars, not only to hydration level but also to the refreshment.
A glass of this drink carries nutrition up to the brim, which is just sufficiently enough to shoot out your dehydrated state and pour in vitality and sporty nutrients. Let’s see how this drink comes into its shape.
Coconut water: Coconut water is the juice found in the centre of a young, green coconut, flooded with Vitamin B and C, Potassium, Magnesium,
Manganese, sodium and carbs, fibers and proteins. It also has antioxidants and known for its help and support in fighting against diabetes and preventing kidney stones. Being a delicious hydration source, it turns out to be a great regeneration when taken after prolonged exercise.
Cucumber: Cucumber is low in calories but high on important vitamins and minerals which include Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium, Manganese and Magnesium. Ensuring regular bowel movements, promoting hydration, aiding in weight loss and lowering blood sugar are some of the vital roles played by Cucumber. It is also rich in antioxidants.
Parsley: Parsley is one of that nutritional powerhouse which has vitamins A, B, C and K and the minerals iron and potassium. It owns awell known identity in fighting against cancer and beating inflammation. Above all the things, it improves your immune functioning and protect the blood vessels reducing the chance of heart attacks.
- 200 ml of coconut water
- 30 grams small cucumber washed and thinly sliced.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2-3 inch of fresh, grated ginger
- Ice cubes (3-4pc)
Course: Mid-meal Drink
Calories: 65.9 kcal
Protein: 3.22 grams
Fat: 0.3 grams
Carb: 13.35 grams
There are two ways you can prepare this, and its deliciousness goes unabated either way:
- First method: Chop the cucumber and parsley and put them to a quart jar. Add coconut water, lemon juice, and ice one by one. With a strictly tight-fitting lid, shake vigorously until all the ingredients are combined. Serve immediately. Once you are done with your beverage, you’ll have a fresh little salad in the bottom of your glass, have it, as it’s even tastier.
- Second method: Add all the ingredients in a blender, except the ice and pulse to combine. Pour over ice after well mixing and serve. The joy of drinking is never faded.
Over to you:
Staying active is the central nerve of staying healthy and energetic with an uncompromised enthusiasm. But you activeness should always be supplied with nutritious hydration and that’s exactly where comes this drink.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: