By Nmami Agarwal
July 17, 2018
Ladoo is one of the famous traditional Indian sweet which is enjoyed by every generation. It is a popular fact that these ladoos are loaded with lots of sugar which gives it a sweet taste but these sugars provide just empty calories and nothing much. So here we have got a recipe where jaggery is working as a substitute for white sugar and not only gives calories but is filled with many health benefits.
Nutritional benefits– This recipe consists of healthy ingredients such as jaggery which is rich in antioxidants and minerals like zinc, selenium that boosts immunity, prevents the growth of free radicals and is the natural body cleanser it detoxes the liver and flushes out harmful toxins from your body. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, Vitamin E, B1, B3 also helps in reducing the risk of heart disease and improves good cholesterol, it also helps in improving the digestion and absorption of nutrients. It also contains almonds that are a good source of protein, Vitamin E, Magnesium, fiber, phytosterols which help to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Preparation time– 30 minutes
- Fresh Grated Coconut- 30g
- Jaggery- 7g
- Almonds- 3 pieces
- Cardamom powder- 1 Tsp
- Ghee- 1 Tsp
Calories– 214 kcal
- Keep a pan on low heat and add sesame seeds in it and roast till it changes the color.
- Remove it and keep aside.
- Now add almonds and roast till they get a few black spots on them.
- Keep it aside and allow to cool down.
- In the same pan add grated coconut, stir often and roast till it becomes golden and then remove from flame.
- When the dry fruits cool down to crush them coarsely and add to the roasted coconut and sesame seeds.
- To this add cardamom powder.
- Add ¼ cup water to the grated jaggery and allow to melt it on a low flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add crushed mixture to it and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the melted jaggery into it and cook till all the moisture evaporates.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Grease your palms and roll the mixture into a lemon sized ball.
Over to You:
Coconut laddu is a quick sweet and healthy recipe which is made with less and nutritious food items like fresh grated coconut, jaggery & cardamom. It would be the best evening time sweet for all the people out there.