By Nmami Agarwal
This completely satisfying open sandwich tastes great while giving you more than half of the required fiber of the day. Because it digests slowly, it will make you feel fuller longer. This amazing sandwich is worth adding to your diet, you can either have it for breakfast or take along as a lunch for work.
Chickpeas are a very healthy food. They are high in vitamin, mineral, fiber and protein. On including chickpeas in your diet regularly you may reduce your risk having chronic diseases, such as heart diseases and cancer.
Vegetables like onion, tomato, cucumber and lettuce are packed with vital nutrient which is necessary for the maintenance of your body. Being rich in fiber multigrain bread will make you feel fuller.
- Bread multigrain- 60 gm
- Soaked or canned chickpeas- 15 gm
- Chopped onion- 10 gm
- Chopped tomato- 10 gm
- Chopped cucumber- 10 gm
- Lemon- 10 ml
- Lettuce leaf- 1
- Pepper- ¼ tspn
- Salt- ¼ tspn
Calories– 141 kcal
Protein– 5.8 gm
Carbohydrate– 24.9 gm
Fat– 4.2 gm
- Drain and rinse your overnight soaked or canned chickpeas and add them in a large bowl.
- Mash chickpeas with a masher.
- Add finely chopped onion, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Squeeze half lemon into this mixture and add salt and pepper. Stir well and adjust any ingredients to taste.
- Layer your bottom side of bread with a lettuce leaf and add chickpea mixture on top.
- Serve cut in half or eat as it is.
Over to You:
This one is a heck of an easy and delicious sandwich which is full of protein, fiber, texture and flavour. Have this sandwich as first thing in the morning and it will keep you energetic and enthusiastic throughout the day. Enjoy!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: