Chicken Fajita Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
By Nmami Agarwal
Have dressing the same veggies in old fashion have worn your interest out in salads? If so, then try out this Chicken Fajita Salad with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette. It’s happening flavours will keep you hooked to your meal along with the nutritional supplement that is aiming for your good heart.
Being high on protein and plentiful supply of essential vitamins such as Vitamin E, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 with small quantities of minerals (calcium, zinc, potassium and iron), makes chicken efficient in eliminating weakness, boosting immunity, regulating digestion, preventing heart disorders, and high cholesterol among others. Cilantro is least in saturated fat and cholesterol but a good source of dietary fibre, vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium, which makes it good for the heart. The vitamin K and calcium content of cilantro are the ones who play hard to build strong bones, teeth, and caring hair. It also helps in lowering your anxiety levels and improving sleep. Lime, a type of citrus fruit, is an excellent source of antioxidants and minerals (potassium, calcium and magnesium) and Vitamins A, B, C and D. It not only lowers your blood sugar and reduces heart disease but also reduces inflammation, fights disease, improves digestion and rejuvenates skin.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts- 30g
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Peppers (orange and yellow), quartered lengthwise- 15g each
- Jalapeño halved lengthwise- 1
- Onion, sliced into 1/2" thick rounds- 20g
- Olive oil- 5g
- Avocado- 20g
- Lime- 20g
- Cilantro (trimmed, including thin stems)- 20g
- Small hearts romaine, leaves separated, halved if large- 20g
Course: Mid-day meals.
Calories: 155 kcal
Protein: 11.2 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Carb: 8.3 grams
- Heat grill to somewhere at medium-high.
- Flavour the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss the peppers and onion with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl seasoning with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Gently rub the half cut avocado with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Grill the chicken to cook it thoroughly for 7 to 8 minutes per side then transfer it to a cutting board. Grill the vegetables until they grow tender, 4 to 6 minutes per side, transferring them onto a cutting board. Grill the avocado, cut side down until charred for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice the peppers, cut the onions into rings, and dice the avocado. Let the chicken be at rest until it is to serve, then slice.
- Squeeze out 6 tablespoon lime juice. Add cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoon oil and purée until smooth.
- Mix the romaine with 1/4 cup of the dressing and beautify it with the sliced peppers, onions, avocado, and chicken. Serve with the remaining dressing.
Over to you
This Chicken Fajita Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette can be a great companion of your mid-day meals loaded with vitamins, minerals and protein. And its delicious taste adds great words to your food.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: