By Nmami Agarwal
Looking for easy to cook treat along with the required nutritional benefits? Well then you’re just at the right place. It requires the right kind of food for your body to live a healthy life in any kind of physical situation. This upma along with mustard seeds is easy to cook and can be served as a light meal for breakfast and evening snacks giving you the warmth you require. It is a twist on the south Indian flavour and gives your taste bud the tangy taste.
Egg: it is a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. It has high content of vitamin D and vitamin B along with lecithin. Important source of zinc which is essential for male’s health. Selenium and iodine, contents of egg both have testosterone-raising properties.
Mustard seeds: as you see the winters approaching and its important to keep your body warm. Mustard seeds generate warmth to keep you warm during winters. Due to this reason it does wonders to the skin. They are very rich in calcium, manganese, iron and dietary-fiber and relieves from the number of migraine attacks.
Carrots: Carrots are rich in beta-carotene (vitamin A). since they are full of fiber, they aid in digestion and can also support weight loss. Fiber helps in keeping away from unnecessary hunger pangs. It also to fight hunger pangs.
- 20 grams of vermicelli (made out of suji)
- 1 egg white
- 10 grams green peas
- 10 grams carrots
- 1-2 cashews
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp canola seeds
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp red pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt (as per taste)
- ½ tsp vinegar
Calories: 109.7 kcal
Protein: 6.69 g
Fats: 2.18 g
Carbohydrates: 17. 23 g
- Place a pan over the flame, add cashews and toast until crisp and brown. Remove it and keep aside in a plate.
- Remove the seed from the oil and to the same oil add the vermicelli and toast it till it turns light brown. Take it out on a plate and set aside.
- Use the egg smash and boil the egg along with the vermicelli.
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds, cover the pan and let it stay till it starts popping and turns black in colour. Add carrots, greens and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the light brown toasted vermicelli to the pan, pour 3- 4 tablespoon of water and stir until soft and absorbed.
- Add ketchup, salt, chilli powder, vinegar and lemon juice to give the tangy taste. Combine the vermicelli to it, taste and
- add the seasonings according to your taste bud.
- Serve hot.
Over to You
It’s time to bring a little change to your breakfast menu with this vermicelli upma. Also you can add your favourite veggies to make it healthier and tastier. Try this at home and also let us know which added vegetables would do good to the taste of vermicelli.