By Nmami Agarwal
Energy required by our body reduces from morning till night. We don’t require so much energy when we relax post dinner and then sleep. Eating lighter dinner aids in digestion and help you better utilize nutrients of food. One such light and hearty recipe is this burrito bowl inspired Buddha bowl recipe which is perfect for a quick, easy and delicious dinner.
Tofu is a greatly enjoyed food made from soybeans, and is high in proteins. It contains all essential amino acids that our body needs and also a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.
Barley, used in this recipe is a great source of vitamin B6, fiber, potassium and folate supporting your over all heart health. It’s fiber content helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in blood, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease.
Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids– good fats found in flaxseeds having heart-healthy effects. One tablespoon of flaxseed contains significant amount of plants base omega-3s. Other than that, lignans and estrogen, the antioxidant qualities are also traced in flaxseeds.
- 20 grams of tofu
- 1 teaspoon of extra- virgin olive oil
- 20 grams medium red bell pepper (cut into ½ inch strip)
- 20 grams medium onion (cut into ½ inch wedges)
- 15 grams; barley pearls
- 20 grams lettuce (chopped)
- 20 grams tomatoes (halved)
- ½ teaspoon roasted flax seed
- Bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
Calories: 181.8 Kcal
Proteins: 5.9 g
Fat: 9.8 g
Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Toss tofu, pepper and onion in a pan by adding oil and chili powder for about 10-15 minutes on medium flame until tofu sizzles and veggies become tender.
- Meanwhile in a blender jar combine avocado, water, salt, coriander and lime juice. Process it until smooth while scraping down the sides.
- In a medium bowl add cooked barley pearls and top it with tofu, roasted veggies, lettuce and tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt over it.
- Spoon avocado dressing over this bowl and sprinkle with some flax seeds.
Over to You:
“Your health is important so, don’t compromise on it”. Try this crispy tofu and veggie packed grain bowl recipe which is packed with protein and fiber and is low in calories.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: