Banana Oat Pancakes
By Nmami Agarwal
Breakfasts are the first meal of the day, and that’s why it should always be given much care and concerns about its nutritional constituents and energy so that you stay boosted all throughout the day.
A healthy and satisfying breakfast is best to open your day, and if it’s easy in preparations, then that adds nothing less than some stars to its charm. That’s where these Banana Oat Pancakes occupy the undisputed post in. Not only does it take minutes to pop up on your plate but they’re actually very delicious and nutritious.
Bananas: Bananas contain a fair amount of Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Copper, and Manganese. Its richness in fiber and resistant starch make it perfect for improving digestive health. They contain powerful antioxidants responsible for building immunity. Moreover, many studies have supported its strength in moderating blood sugar levels.
Oats: They are whole grain food containing Iron, Manganese, Copper and Vitamin B1 and B5 to a fair strength. Oats also contain large amounts of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber assisting in the reduction of cholesterol and increase the feeling of fullness. Finely ground oats may also help with skin care. Studies have suggested that early introduction of oats in diet, may actually be protective in asthma.
Eggs: Without any second thought, Eggs are a great source of proteins with all essential amino acids along with Vitamin A, B5, B12, B2 and phosphorous. It also contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin — antioxidants that have striking benefits for eye health. They are filling and tend to make you eat fewer calories which helps in losing weight.
- ½ a banana
- ½ a eggs
- 1 tablespoon rolled old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- fresh fruit of your choice to serve
Calories: 136.5 kcal
Protein: 5.1 grams
Fat: 4.15 grams
Carb: 19.7 grams
- Remove the cover of banana and add it in a blender along with eggs, cinnamon, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Keep blending until the mixture grows smooth and blended as per your need. Allow the batter to rest for 10-20 minutes until it gets thickened slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonful of the batter till it acquires golden brown appearance on both the sides.
- Serve with a fresh fruit of your choice.
Over to you:
This treat is the perfect pack of nutrients and vitamins essential to care you for the day. A healthy start of the day will always be tangential to a healthy life forever.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: