By Nmami Agarwal
September 8, 2018
Banana muffin is a mix of banana and egg, which comfortably covers the vital nutritional requirements of your kid’s within its radius. This ten minutes recipe dish gives an energetic day. It’s easy to cook and can give company to your breakfast, evening snacks or even in mid-day meals. In fact, a banana muffin is a pretty much the perfect food. It contains a little bit of almost every nutrient you need.
Banana, which is high in fibre and loaded with nutrients (potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese.) is easy to digest and also boosts the power
of the brain with a stupendous benefit of preventing anaemia (deficiency of haemoglobin) as its rich in iron. It moderates sugar level of the body and supports heart health. An egg is an unquestionable incredible source of protein, which also has vitamin A, D, E and B12. It prevents stunting in kids. Its good cholesterol reduces the risk of heart strokes and the antioxidants (lutein and zeaxanthin) are helpful in keeping the health of your eye intact.
- 30 grams whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of teaspoon salt
- ½ a bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ egg
- 1 tsp butter, melted
Course: Breakfast / Evening snacks.
Calories (per muffin): 127.5 kcal
Protein: 3.8 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Carb: 19.4 grams
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate soda together through a sieve and set it aside.
- Next, mix egg, mashed banana, coconut sugar and melted butter with flour mixture and mix it all well until it gets smooth.
- Now put this mixture evenly into baking cases in muffin tin.
- Finally, bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly tapped or slightly fluffy.
Over to you:
This banana muffin gives grand colours to your breakfast or evening snacks or any meal, with vitamins, a lot of energy and nutrients to kick-start your metabolism. Next time supplement your kid’s food with the dish to pump him/her up for a vibrant life ahead.