By Nmami Agarwal
Badaam sharbat is rich in nutrients and is healthy for everyone, especially for devotees fasting during Navratri. It keeps your stomach full and provide you with various nutrients which will also benefit your health. Almonds are called badaam in Indian language and are also energizing and balancing for the mind. So, try our Navaratri special badaam milk with the recipe shared below.
Badaam (Almonds)– gives massive amount of nutrients like fiber, protein. It is rich in vitamin E and magnesium which benefits blood pressure level. Contains a decent amount of copper and vitamin B. Powerful antioxidants are loaded in the brown layer of the badaam. Weight loss can also be affected by badaam.
Milk– a rich source of calcium, which is very healthy for your bones and teeth. Milk is rich in vitamin D which helps osteoarthritis of the knee. Cow’s milk is a source of good potassium and decreased sodium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. It is also a production of serotonin, which also helps anxiety.
- 7-10 badaam (almonds)
- 150 ml toned milk
- 1 pinch Saffron strands(optional)
- ½ a teaspoon of coconut sugar(optional)
- Pinch of green cardamom powder (elaichi)
Calories: 115 kcal
Proteins: 5.35 grams
Fat: 4.95 grams
Carbohydrates: 10.2 grams
- Keep the almonds in water overnight.
- Boil the milk and add saffron and cardamom power to it.
- Then add coconut sugar to it.
- While the milk is boiling, take the soaked almonds and peel the brown part.
- Blend the almonds with water to make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the boiling water and simmer to 2 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little.
- Top it with crushed almonds and saffron.
- Serve it healthy.
Over to You:
So many nutrients from one simple drink? Fasting can be hard when feel low on energy, but there is an easier way out with our Navaratri especial badaam sharbat. Why don’t you head to the kitchen to make yourself this healthy recipe and help yourself fast better during this Navaratri.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: