Avocado Egg Bruschetta
By Nmami Agarwal
Eating right food after any exercise is very important as your body will immediately try to rebuild its glycogen stores along with that it also start repairing and re growing broken down muscle proteins. And this recipe is perfect for a post workout meal as it contain a combination of carbs, protein and fat which will help in building muscle protein and glycogen stores.
Eggs used in this recipe contain high quality protein and it is also a rich source of vitamins i.e. A, E and K. Eggs also contain all essential amino acids which is required for optimal muscle recovery and building valuable minerals like calcium, zinc, and iron.
Avocado is another main ingredient that we have used in this recipe which is a great source of fiber and contain mono saturated fats. In addition to this, it provide high quality protein which encourages muscle, tissue repair and growth. Whole grain bread is a great choice for post workout meal as it contains fiber and protein that helps replenish our muscles.
- 1 wholegrain bread
- 10 g avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Few red chili flakes
- Salt-as per taste
- Black pepper-as per taste
Calories: 181 Kcal
Protein: 9.7 g
Carbohydrate: 14.4 g
Fat: 10 g
- Place the egg in a pot of cold water and bring it to boil for 5 minutes while reducing the heat.
- In a bowl mash the avocado coarsely and add some salt to it.
- Toast your whole grain bread and apply a layer of mashed avocado over it.
- Also put our sliced hard-boiled egg over toasted bread too.
- Sprinkle few red chili flakes and black pepper over it. Enjoy!
Over to You:
You put a lot of efforts in your workout so consuming the right amount of carbs and protein is just as essential. This nutrition dense and protein-packed avocado toast recipe will be ready in just 5 minutes, tastes amazing and will help you to restore the energy!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: