Everyone wants to know how to be healthy, but it seems like such a lofty goal. Setting out to make healthy lifestyle goals can feel inspiring and also intimidating. When it comes to adopting new healthy habits, there are lots of little things you can do that will make a big difference in the long run. Instead of trying to upgrade your health with a huge makeover just at once, try small moves instead for long-lasting results.
- Eat a variety of food- More than 40 different nutrients are needed for good health; and no single meal can supply all of them. It is about a balanced food choice over the spam of time that makes the difference in life.
- Enjoy plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are among the most important foods that give us enough vitamins, minerals and fibre. We should try to eat at least 5 servings a day. For example, one fresh fruit or smoothie at breakfast, perhaps an apple and a piece of watermelon as snacks, and a good portion of a variety of vegetables at each meal.
- Reduce salt and sugar intake- A high salt intake in the diet can result in high blood pressure, and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Replace saturated with unsaturated fat- Fats are important for proper functioning of the body and imparts good health. However, too much of fat can negatively affect our weight and cardiovascular health. We should limit the consumption of total and saturated and completely avoid Trans-fats that are found in bakery products.
- Cooking Methods- When cooking one should boil, steam or bake, rather than frying, it helps to avoid the extra calories.
- Chew your food- Chew each bite thoroughly before swallowing, to double down on the mindfulness. Gobbling down food can lead to bloating because of the extra air you’re swallowing, that leads to full feeling because you don’t give your body a chance to process satiety.
- Eat regularly- You should focus on eating frequently, not skipping meals, and controlling the portion size. Eating right amounts and a variety of foods, regularly is the best formula for a healthy diet. If each one of us have a track of the portion size, that will help us not to consume too much calories, and will allow us to eat all the foods without having to eliminate any particular foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids- One needs to drink at least 2.5 litres or more of fluid a day! Water is the best source, of course, and we can use mineral water, sparkling or non-sparkling, plain or infused.
- Cut back aerated drinks- Avoid sodas and other sugary and carbonated drinks because of the excessive calories they provide.
- Maintain a healthy body weight- The right weight for each of us depends on a lot of factors. Being overweight increases the risks of a wide range of diseases. Excess body fat comes from eating more than we need, therefore if we are gaining weight, we need to eat less and be more active!
- Be physically active- Get on the move, make it a habit! Physical activity is important for each and every one. It helps us burn off the extra calories and it helps to maintains or increase our muscle mass, it helps to focus, and improves overall health well-being.
- Cut back sitting hours- Get up and walk briskly for five minutes after every hour.Sitting all day isn’t good for your health. Physical activity is extremely important and it all adds up, to your health.
Over to you
Start now and keep changing gradually! Gradual changes in one’s lifestyle are easier to maintain than major changes introduced all at once. So add these tips to your lifestyle and achieve your health goals. Stay healthy!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: