Want to eat something delicious and yet don’t want to compromise on your diet plan?
Well, you have landed on the right page then. Our spinach-apple-walnut salad was meant for just such craving crisis.
It gets ready in 10 minutes for you to pounce on and satiate your hunger pangs.
Spinach, Apple, and Walnut recipe
What you need for Honey-Mustard dressing:
- 1 tbsp of French Mustard
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Cider Vinegar
- 6 tbsp of Sunflower Oil
What you need for salad (2 servings):
- 3 cups of Baby Spinach (whole or chopped)
- ½ cup of Walnuts (broken into small chunks)
- ½ cup of Raisins
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced (without seeds)
- 2 tbsp of Sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt, as per taste
- ¼ Tsp of Black pepper powder
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Nutritional benefits: Lots of healthy vitamins and minerals, natural salts, Omega-3 fatty acids – immunity, health, detox, good hair & skin, all from one single plate
Best enjoyed with Creamy Corn Soup.
How you cook:
- Put all the ingredients of Honey-Mustard dressing in a food processor and whiz them together to a
- Add ingredients of salad in a mason jar and toss them together.
- Drizzle honey-mustard dressing and salt and pepper and shake them well.
- Serve with creamy corn soup as a light weekday dinner.
To avoid your salad from going soggy, add dressing only when you’re about to serve and eat.
Tips to make your salad unique:
- Colour your plate: Bring your salad to life by adding items of different textures and
colors, like cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, carrots soaked in vinegar.
- Modify the crunch: If you’re not fond of walnuts or want to add more nutrition to your
salad, try nuts like pecans, cashews, roasted almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Sweet swaps: Raisins can be swapped for dried fruits like dried cranberries, dates, or
even fresh pomegranate.
Over to you:
There are umpteen number of ways to modify this salad as per your taste buds and health goal. Tell us how you like it, and we may share your recipe at Nmami Life.