By Nmami Agarwal
Urinary tract infection (UTI) can smack anyone but adult women are more inclined to get infected by UTI while accompanying uncomfortable symptoms of it. Painful urination, low back pain and lower abdominal cramping are more than anything else that can worsen the infection. You will be surprised to know, women are ten times more likely to get UTI than men, wherein, two in ten women will have UTI at the same point.
Connection Between UTI And Intimacy
The most common way of getting infected by UTI amongst many is by having sex. But it doesn’t give any idea to stay away from it in order to prevent the infections. It’s just the common cause of getting UTI because sexual intercourse introduces bacteria in a woman’s urinary tract. During which, urethra comes in contact with bacteria from the genital area, allowing them to enter the urethra and the bladder resulting in urinary tract infection.
Howsoever, frequent sexual intercourse also increases the risk of UTI. Urinary tract infections have also been nicknamed by honeymoon cystitis, for which cystitis is another nickname for an infection of bladder as regular intercourse repeatedly leads to the development of UTI. However, there are few steps to minimize UTI bacteria build up. Have a look.
- Urinate promptly before and after sex.
- Clean the genital areas before and after the sexual intercourse.
- Drink ample amount of water which will help prevent UTI bacteria.
- Don’t use diaphragm or spermicide as a birth controller.
Cure UTI With Foods
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains good bacteria called Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria which helps strengthen the urinary tract and various urogenital conditions. Such bacteria found in yogurt and additional probiotics are beneficial for protecting bacteria barriers the vaginal to bladder area that helps reducing UTI symptoms.
- Cranberry: Including cranberry in your daily or frequent diet plan lessen the ratio and severity of urinary tract infections in women as it contains plant compounds called proanthocyanidins, which prevent E. coli from binding the cells in urinary tract. Simply use cranberries in smoothies and other dishes.
- Garlic: Garlic is composed with the compounds which are to kill bacteria, including those that develop UTI. Garlic is used to treat UTI as an antibiotic-resistant. Instead of chowing down a raw garlic piece letting your throat choked for a time, make a cup of garlic tea that will also sooth your throat at the same time.
- Water: Though urinating is painful when you are infected with UTI, it’s important to drink plenty of water to help ward off the infection. The more water you drink, the more you’ll pee which will help your body in flushing out harmful bacteria from the urinary tract.
Over to You:
Developing urinary tract infections is quite common and unfortunately puts you at a greater risk for bigger diseases. But taking care of it is easy and doable as long as you follow these tips. In case you get UTIs often, make sure to consult a doctor immediately.