7 goal setting tips for detox
By Nmami Agarwal
June 28, 2018
The season for vacation is the best time to indulge in your ever favourite food items like fried snacks, yummy sweet desserts, packaged foods and what not!
Well, on vacations it’s okay to delete your calorie counting apps and merely enjoy. We have got some easy detoxing tips for you since we understand that travelling is one of the most significant ways to experience a country. One of the greatest delights of travelling is experiencing the food culture as nobody can resist the temptation of trying out new colourful, tasty foods.
We all know that all these delicious food usually comes with a truckload of calories but No worries! Always remember indulging in foods doesn’t require guilt, as you can quickly get back on the healthy track once you return home with a comfortable and tasty detox diet plan.
Through detoxing you can simply wash off harmful toxins from your body which does not mean that you have to starve yourself since most of the times after a fun vacation, you might feel heavy, bloated or out of sync but no quick plan is smart enough for significant weight loss rather following the detox session and a few days of clean eating would be beneficial.
So here we have some tips for you to detox post vacation-
- Stay hydrated with detox water: After enjoying all sort of mocktails, cocktails, high sugary drinks it’s time for you to shift to detox water. You should be drinking at least 7-8 glasses per day and try to infuse lime, cucumber, watermelon, berries, mint for flavour.
- Cut down trigger food like caffeine, alcohol: It’s time for you to cut down on caffeinated drinks and alcohol as all of these dehydrate your body and instead drink a cup of green tea that provides antioxidants to your body.
- Consume whole foods as much as you can: Many out there feel following a detox diet means you have to survive on juices and water, but that’s not the case, by picking whole foods rich in fiber in the diet you make it easier for your body to digest and metabolize them with ease, leaving more time for natural detoxifying to take place. Hence you can include greens, veggies, and whole fruits in your diet in the form of salads.
- Pick up the pace: Make sure that you move your body daily, but not necessarily an intense workout. You can try out some relaxing movements like jogging, yoga, dancing, brisk walking as these exercises promote detoxification and boost your body’s system.
- Say no to sugar: Yes it’s a big no to sugar as these only provide empty calories so avoid sugary processed foods and try to include fresh raw fruits in your dessert.
- Eat at home only: For keeping a track on your detox diet it is better to stay at home and cook for yourself instead of going out as it can crave you for different desserts and fancy foods.
- Go to bed early: It is possible that you may find you need more sleep while doing a detox. Deep sleep helps to distress also after vacation you may be sleep deprived which may lead to weight gain and have a compromised immune system so it’s important to have a good quality sleep.
Over to you:
After a big trip of indulgence these healthy and straightforward points will help you to detoxify your body naturally and makes you achieve fantastic health benefits. So if in future you want to get rid of bad toxins from your body follow these easy tips.