5 nutrients your body needs more in winters
By Nmami Agarwal
Come winters, it changes our wardrobes and our body mechanism and to understand the body changes, we must look into the preferred food during the winter and how it impacts our body. Food is not only, to fill our bellies and for our comfort, but is important for our overall development of the body. Although, healthy eating is a year-round commitment for maintaining lifelong health. This can come with some challenges during the winter.
So, what healthy options we have in winters? And how to make our winter season a healthy getaway. Let’s have a look at the nutrients and that we must have in the winter season.
- Vitamin C: One must thing during the winter season is citrus fruits that include lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin C which is beneficial for having good immunity that helps in common winter ailments.
Insta tip: A citrus fruit salad will help you get a good about of vitamin c.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is an important nutrient which keeps the skin and hair healthy. As during winters people, generally have skin and hair related problems, as the harsh winter steals our skin moisture. Foods like carrot, spinach, custard apple, kale and sweet potatoes are a good source of it.
Insta tip: Custard apple contains natural sugar, is a great choice to have it in your snacks and desserts.
- Vitamin D: Winter is the time when we can’t get enough Vitamin D. As we know, sunlight is less prevalent during this season. As we know Vitamin D plays an important role in calcium absorption, keeping our bones strong and healthy. Foods likesalmon, tuna and mushrooms and eggs in your diet will help you to have a proper dose of vitamin D.
Insta tip: scrabbled or boiled egg in breakfast will help you in getting your vitamin D.
- Potassium: One of the most abundant electrolytes of our body potassium, it plays an important role in the water balance in the body, muscle function and heart rhythm. As in winter, healthy blood pressure is an important factor, to maintain cardiovascular health. Foods like Bananas, oranges, apricots, raisins, and dates, are high in potassium.
Insta tip: Dates with milk can be a good way to get the nutrient.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E tackles the skin problem. It helps to moisturize your skin by preventing dryness and secondly, it has natural antioxidant properties which limits the production of free radicals, that can damage skin cells. Food like avocados, broccoli, sunflower seeds and almonds.
Insta tip: Almond halwa can be a healthy option to have this winter.
Over to you
We need to know what minerals we need to have in winter. Excess of any of the nutrients is not at all beneficial, hence, try incorporating the mentioned nutrients and supple your bodily needs with the right way.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: