By Nmami Agarwal
The Indian market is flooded with different variants of oil encompassing their own health benefits. Apart from having numerous benefits for our skin and hair, coconut oil is one of the most readily digestible oil along with its ability to lower bad fat levels (LDL) in our body. You would have had soups the olive oil way. How about giving spinach broccoli soup a makeover, with a dash of coconut oil along with its numerous health benefits.
Serving size: 1
Energy: 120-130 kcal
- Spinach : 50g
- Broccoli: 50g
- Virgin coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Pepper: To taste
- Salt: To taste
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a large heavy pot over medium flame.
- Add onion, garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and garlic are very soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Blanch spinach in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and just wilted.
- Puree soup base and spinach in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour soup back into pot, and thin with broth if needed. Cook on a low flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Over to you:
Soups are known to be appetizers with loaded vitamins and minerals.However, make sure you blanch the spinach before blending so that this soup retains a vibrant green color along with its nutrients intact.