By Nmami Agarwal
Go for healthy and yummy salads this summer’s by adding a twist to your regular salad by incorporating a fresh coriander mint lime dressing with your favourite green veggies. This colourful with a creative twist is a perfect balance of health along with a good taste. So, from on no running away from salads when you can add a perfect bowl to your day’s diet.
Also this satisfying salad will definitely take away all those evening hunger pangs that make you cheat or deviate from a healthy balanced diet.
COURSE – EVENING SNACK
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ a cup of sweet corns
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 30 gms of chick peas
- ½ a cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
For the Coriander Mint Lime dressing –
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- To make the coriander – mint lime dressing, add and combine the ingredients such as coriander, mint, plain yoghurt, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend them together and keep aside.
- To assemble the salad, firstly place the lettuce in a large bowl; top it with tomatoes, corn, chick peas, onions and cucumber.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss them together to combine. Stir in with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Serve immediately, garnished it with small cubes of avocados.
Over to you –
Try this southern west salad along with coriander mint lime dressing, bursting with nutritious ingredients and delicious flavours and textures. Let us know in the comment section – how did you find the recipe and any other interesting salad dressing to get featured on our blog.