By Nmami Agarwal
Ramadan mubarak to all of you! If you’re planning to have healthier Iftaar meals, then you’re at the right spot. This meal is a balance of nutrition and taste. It will be filling and keep your energized while being easy on your stomach.
Now you can break your fast with this quick and easy recipe. Try it out and let us know.
Calories : 245-257 cal
- 1 skinned chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 50 grams spinach
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tb spoon of Olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1) To get started with the dish, preheat the oven to 425° and place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using rolling pin. Also, sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt.
2) In a blender, combine the ingredients – spinach, diced garlic cloves, lemon zest, and few leaves of rosemary and bread crumbs. Allow them to mix well till it blends into a paste.
3) Apply the spinach garlic paste on each side of the chicken breasts. Roll it well with a help of wooden toothpick. Make sure you season the roulades with salt and pepper.
4) Take a large skillet and place it on the stove on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Sear the roulades till brown keep turning the roulades around so that alll sides are seared evenly.
5) Take 2-3 tomatoes, along with 1 tablespoon of oil and blend. Transfer to a baking dish after brusheing them lightly with the tomato paste. Bake the seared roulades in the ovenuntil they’re cooked throughout (20-30 minutes) at 180ºC (350°F). After a cooling period of about 5 minutes covered in foil, remove the toothpicks, then slice and serve immediately. Sprinkle some rosemary on top for added flavour.
Homemade Salsa Recipe:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1-2 red / yellow bell peppers
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers (add according to your spice tolerance)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Chopped cilantro and salt to taste
Finely chop all the vegetables. Once you’ve chopped the ingredients, add lime juice and salt to taste. Experiment with different peppers and vegetables to see which combinations you love best.
Over to You:
With this easy recipe, make your Iftaar feast a much healthier one. Try and include fresh fruits in your meal. Most importantly, have loads of water to stay hydrated.