By Nmami Agarwal
May 3, 2018
Ayurveda’s finest Remedy of Rose Petal Jam or Gulkand is actually a form of medicine in the form of dessert! Isn’t that cool? Also, it’s completely natural and has multiple benefits and it tastes heavenly.
This also happens to be Nmami Agarwal’s personal favourite and most recommended recipe. She says that it’s the to beat the summer heat.
Rose Jam has ultimate cooling benefits apart from being extremely healthy. As you know, Acidity is very common in summers and just one or two teaspoons of this jam can cool down your stomach and alleviate acidity in no time. So without further ado, let’s dive into the easy peasy recipe.
Calories : 40-45kcal
- Rose Petals: 15-20
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Water: 1 cup
- Coconut Sugar: 10g
- In a medium pan bring the petals and water to a simmer.
- The rose petals will fade a bit, but this is just temporary.
- Add sugar and stir the mixture.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and watch the transformation. The faded rose burst with colour, once the lemon juice is stirred in.
- Mix a little pectin with sugar and add to simmering petals, to thicken.
- Simmer more for 20 minutes.
- Place the jam in jars and refrigerate. Make sure you consume it within 3-4 days as this preservative-free jam would have shorter shelf life.
Over to You:
How easy was that? And Guess what? After you’re done making this recipe, your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of roses and a heavenly dessert. You can use this jam with bread or pop a spoon for a little bit of sweet snack. If you’re PMSing or suffering from menstrual pain, gulkand relieves your pain naturally. All said and done, this recipe is a total winner in our books. So, go ahead try it out and don’t forget to share it with your fellow cooks.