Healthy Snack On the Go: Nutty Trail Mix
By Nmami Agarwal
The nutty trail mix is a light and refreshing treat yourself on your next road trip. It’s a perfect and a delicious combination to add a crunchy twist to your diet. Packed with oats, nuts and super seeds, this works as a friendly makeover to your regular tripping snacks.
This naturally sweet nutty snack is a sure shot winner for your thrilling journey!
- Oats – 60 gms
- Almonds – 1-2 pc, finely shredded
- Walnuts – 1-2, chopped,
- Raisins – 3-4, chopped
- Flax seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Chia Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Pumpkin Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Jaggery -1 tablespoon
Calories – 106-120
Serving – 3-4 small pieces
- For the preparation, you require a parchment paper of 8×8- inch size.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ingredients such as almonds, walnuts, raisins and seeds (flax, chia and pumpkin seeds). Add the melted jaggery to the oats – nutty mixture. Choose to mix them thoroughly using your hands or a spoon.
- Now scoop out the nutty mixture and press them evenly to have desired firmness.
- Set up a long tray with a foil and spread the oats – nutty mixture on the tray.
- Cover with a thin sheet of cling foil plastic wrap to allow them to set.
- Place them in the freezer until frozen and firm.
- Once set, remove the foil and plastic wrap from them.
- Slice them into small cubes or bars and enjoy the nutty trail mix.
Over to you –
A nutty trail mix is an interesting way to curb your sweet tooth cravings in a healthy and nutritious manner which you can choose to add to your road trips or travelling abroad to exotic locations. So, indulge yourself in the good of health and tell us how you like it.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: