By Nmami Agarwal
May 17, 2018
In case you wish to have something simple and genuinely Indian – a simple potato masala fry shall be a perfect Indian meal special. Simply cooked, lightly spiced, this is an easy to go recipe in a kettle.
Calories: 140- 148
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 small tomato sliced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of asafetida
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- Wash potatoes and then keep them to boil in the kettle. Once done, peel them and cut them into small pieces.
- Add oil to the kettle. Add cumin, mustard, asafetida and dal and fry till the dal turns golden.
- Stir in garlic and curry leaves.
- Add onions. Stir till they are light brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and stir for some time with salt, turmeric and chili added.
- Then add the potato pieces and mix it well.
- Allow to cook on medium flame till all ingredients blend well.
- Mix well and serve.
Over to you
This Indian potato masala fry shall be good treat if you are missing the homely tadka in your food when travelling. Potatoes are common across the globe, get them and cook this delicious Indian meal in your hotel room in a kettle. It won’t be a great effort.