Celebrate Moatsu With Naga Style Chicken and Bamboo Shoots
By Nmami Agarwal
Moatsu festival is celebrated in the beginning of May and goes on for 6 days. It’s a colourful and vibrant festival that marks the end of sowing season in Nagaland. On this occasion, we’re sharing a delicious and healthy recipe for Chicken & Bamboo shoots that is a staple in Nagaland cuisine and is super healthy and quick to make! Let’s have a look.
Calories – 167-177
For one serving of this yummy dish, the ingredients you will need are:
• ½ cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
• 80 grams of chicken
• ½ egg white
• ½ teaspoon of wheat flour
• ½ teaspoon black vinegar
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
• ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
• ½ thinly sliced spring onion
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
• 1 teaspoon chili paste
• 2 table spoon chicken stock
1. Cut chicken into strips about 1/8 inch wide and 2 inches long.
2. Mix the julienned chicken with egg white and wheat flour. And keep them aside.
3. Rinse and drain bamboo shoots and slice them with a help of thick slicing blade.
4. Also, make the vinegar mixture in separate bowl by incorporating vinegar, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and white pepper.
5. Heat 1-tablespoonolive oil in a wok and sauté the vegetables such as spring onion, bamboo shoots, celery, and red pepper for about 2 -3 minutes.
6. Now add the remaining 1-tablespoon oil in wok for stir-frying the chicken until it turns white.
7. Add chili paste along with vinegar mixture and the sautéed vegetables and stir-fry.
8. In the end, combine all the sautéed veggies with chicken in a chicken stock. Mix them well and garnish it with few spring onions before serving.
Over to you
Don’t you enjoy adding a new recipe to your everyday menu! You’d be elated to know that this recipe is highly nutritious and Nmami Approved. Bamboo shoots are low in fat and calories and are a good source of fiber, which helps to keep a check on cholesterol levels and chronic constipation. Also, rich in potassium, they help to maintain blood pressure and a steady heartbeat.
Try out this recipe and let us know what you think!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: