Hearty Healthful Quinoa Biryani
By Nmami Agarwal
Quinoa Biryani is a healthier take on the traditional Indian food- Biryani. Versatile for many dishes, quinoa can be substituted for wheat and rice.It has moderate amount of protein, dietary fiber and minerals. Quinoa is a healthy wonder grain and this dish defies the myth that super grains can’t taste good.
Calories: 110 – 115
- 60g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¾ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/6 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 whole clove
- 2 cups water
- 1 small potato , diced
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in quinoa and allow it roast lightly.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon sticks, turmeric, cardamom, and cloves. Stir till the spices are fragrant.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil; add potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. Cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and green beans, uncover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add green peas and cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Transfer quinoa and vegetables to a large platter or bowl. Top with the onion and chopped cilantro.
Over to you
Your nutritious quinoa biryani is ready and the quinoa can make you quite happy. This light biryani is easy to make and it makes it easier to satisfy yourself. This can be cooked in a small pan in as less as 30 minutes. Why not try this wonderful delight!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: